Agoda Hotel Booking Question | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Agoda Hotel Booking Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Dyer

Intern
Hi VFF
I have made a number of bookings through the AGODA link on the Velocity FF page, I have only completed on stay, however I was wondering, how long does it typically take for these bookings to reflect the points earn + bonus as a WP?

I look forward to hearing from you

Regards
Steve

newmarket

I've only tried them twice, but it is a pretty good earner.

Anyway it seems to take 3 or 4 weeks for the initial points to appear. Two or three weeks after that the platinum bonus points show up.

scwappy

AFF Supporter
Also be careful and check the price. Quite often it is larger than booking through agoda direct

Frostydog007

My experience has not been so good. I continuously have to lodge a retro claim and it has not been unusual to wait 3 months for the points. Citing an example of stays I booked through Agoda where I stayed at hotels in February and March and despite lodging a retro claim, when I chased up the status, I was asked to provided all the details again (having the initial retro claim number when I requested an update on my claim did not seem to matter, I still had to provide all the booking deatails again). Plat desk has not been able to expedite my claims, so very frustrating indeed

Linnet

Took just under 3 weeks after hotel check-in for points to be processed through my Velocity account on most recent trip (last month), if that's any help.

Velocity Frequent Flyer

Authenticated Company Representative
Hi Steve,

Our agreement with Agoda is that points will be posted to member accounts in under 6 weeks from the hotel stay.

Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Tom

VA777

AFF Supporter
That seems an extraordinary amount of time in this electronic age

Clobu5

Flights
My Map
Damn I was hoping it magically worked like the e-store..

I'll get around it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cobbaloaf