Afterpay dropping Amex

twiningb

Established Member
Anyone else use Afterpay? I just got a notification that they're stopping accepting Amex in a month.

It's annoying because I had just bought something on Afterpay and I have payments due after then. I guess I'll see if I can make the last payments early.

I don't need the BNPL features at all; it was just a way to leverage special offers. So they're losing me as a customer, although I'm probably not the lucrative kind anyway.

(Losing Bundll was the bigger bummer: FX-free MasterCard with extra Velocity points over and above whatever your backup card earns.)

Yeh it really sucked, I paid everything early the moment I read that email, basically one day's notice!

Does anyone know if there is any way to spend using amex but with visa/mc? I was thinking of buying gift cards at coles/woolies, but I'm not sure how broad their acceptance would be at online retailers.

Anyone else use Afterpay? I just got a notification that they're stopping accepting Amex in a month.

It's annoying because I had just bought something on Afterpay and I have payments due after then. I guess I'll see if I can make the last payments early.

I don't need the BNPL features at all; it was just a way to leverage special offers. So they're losing me as a customer, although I'm probably not the lucrative kind anyway.

(Losing Bundll was the bigger bummer: FX-free MasterCard with extra Velocity points over and above whatever your backup card earns.)
Same, I just use it for the special offers. I'll make the last payments early before the deadline.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back