Answered - Advice please on Hilton status | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Answered Advice please on Hilton status

Disco

Hi,
Help with this one if possible. I was upgraded to Diamond in March 2018 with the status earned until March 2020 and was sent an email confirming this. In December I was downgraded to Gold: which is not unreasonable as we have not had a lot of stays in 2018. However, we are doing more and International travel in 2019 and the Diamond would be very welcome. I have sent numerous emails to honours@hilton and keep getting the standard response about not enough stays etc. They are ignoring the email advice they have sent. Is this against corporate law? or should I just accept it and move on?

Any suggestions most welcome.

Di

woodborer

How were you upgraded to Diamond, and what conditions were attached?

It's a little unusual for Hilton to downgrade people in December, so there is something else going on.

Disco

How were you upgraded to Diamond, and what conditions were attached?

It's a little unusual for Hilton to downgrade people in December, so there is something else going on.
I was upgraded after meeting a status challenge and I had a conversation with the Honours rep on the phone and he nominated the two years upgrade based on our location (WA) and there not being many Hiltons in the vicinity. At the time, there was only the Parmelia in Perth and we don't live in Perth. Not sure what conditions were attached; just the status challenge. Yes, I agree, usually they wait until March before changing the status. The only thing I can think of in terms of difference is I inadvertantly (I think) joined a gold status run in December or something like that. December was very busy and I was clicking through emails.

Daver6

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Doesn't sound right to me. I'd give them a call to discuss.

pblackie

Flights
My Map
Hi,
Help with this one if possible. I was upgraded to Diamond in March 2018 with the status earned until March 2020 and was sent an email confirming this. In December I was downgraded to Gold: which is not unreasonable as we have not had a lot of stays in 2018. However, we are doing more and International travel in 2019 and the Diamond would be very welcome. I have sent numerous emails to honours@hilton and keep getting the standard response about not enough stays etc. They are ignoring the email advice they have sent. Is this against corporate law? or should I just accept it and move on?

Any suggestions most welcome.

Di

Have a read of this thread, should provide your answer

Diamond status downgraded due to system error.

Flights
My Map
I would honestly just leave it until April. The reps can't access the system to add stays or alter statuses until the system opens up in April. You can always call (I tend to call morning our time 9am) but if they can even identify the reason why they won't be able to action anything to rectify it.

VPS

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Guess so: what's the best time for the U.S?
When I had to escalate to supervisors they said they were only available in business hours but not sure what they were so I'd try normal US hours for the east coast

Disco

Thank you all for suggestions, I have found it to be a waste of time speaking to people in the Philippines or wherever and I might leave it until April as WA suggests. Pity about the Feb bookings but too bad. Thanks all

hydrabyss

Flights
My Map
Thank you all for suggestions, I have found it to be a waste of time speaking to people in the Philippines or wherever and I might leave it until April as WA suggests. Pity about the Feb bookings but too bad. Thanks all
As far as I know when you call Hilton it is staffed in the US.

Dannyism

Yeah, I did a diamond status match from VA plat in Jan 18. I'm hoping everything works smoothly with status through to March 31 2020, but good to know a phone call should sort it out if there are any problems.

kermatu

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
Yeah, I did a diamond status match from VA plat in Jan 18. I'm hoping everything works smoothly with status through to March 31 2020, but good to know a phone call should sort it out if there are any problems.
I'll be doing this soon too. See what happens!

AFF on Air Podcast

• Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you're new to the world of frequent flyer points - or moving to a new country - it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the consider ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can't afford travel insurance, you can't afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and wh ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul86