Advice on VEDA file

Status
Not open for further replies.

paultiffen

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice on why my Veda score would have dropped so much. My activity is:

Bought an apartment in Victoria for 560K with 450 K mortgage - new address and 3 enquiries reported.
Address recorded as new place on 29th May
Citibank unsecured - 15th June for 13500. I actually increased limit to 20K to do a new balance transfer. They then pulled the offer
New employer reported (although its the same one actually - 15th June
Signed up to Woolworths mobile for me - 24th June
Signed up to Telstra for my partner - 31st July

During this time my score has dropped from 755 on 9th June to 659 on 9th July to 567 on 9th August. Any ideas on:

1) Why such a significant drop?
2) I was going to do a balance transfer at 0% to save interest on the mortgage and make the minimum but have enough to not need to do this. I was going to apply for a Virgin Money card and use the existing balance plus anything else they can give me. Would that drop score down further?
3) If I were to refinance in the future how much do banks look at credit score? It seems like main thing that matters was income, ongoing expenses and current limits.

Thanks,
Paul

I found our credit scores slumped when we increased credit limits on some CCs.
Westpac don't seem to be concerned with a lower credit score as it is temporary. I think most banks would be similar.
Never bothered with balance transfers. We just always paid non tax deductible loans to zero as fast as we could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back