Advice on upgrading to Business with FF points

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Johninperth, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Johninperth

Johninperth Junior Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Hello All,
    In the past upgrading flights via the frequent flyer page has been easy and worked without a hitch. I have a work flight from PER, BNE, TVL and return. However I tried to upgrade the same way and I was able to request the upgrade for the PER to BNE leg but none of the other 5 legs (including return). The error message was 'No upgrade seat is available at this time. Please try again later'. Is this a common occurrence? I thought it strange that I could request one leg but not the others.

John

2. mannej

mannej Senior Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Perth
    I am guessing you are looking to upgrade your flights the whole way to Townsville?

Firstly, is it a flight with a J cabin? If so, are there J award seats available? If you can book a J award seat on that flight, call QF and they will organise your upgrade for you.

Ps - the airport code for Townsville is TSV.

3. Quickstatus

Quickstatus Senior Member

Oct 13, 2013
    NSW
    Maybe the J cabin was already full. not common in my experience

4. Johninperth

Johninperth Junior Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Hi Mannej,
    Yes I'm looking to upgrade the whole trip. There is a J cabin but, I just looked at the flights for the day and there is no classic award seats left. There is award seats for the return though, so I'm unsure why I cannot request an upgrade for that leg.

Thanks for your help

5. mannej

mannej Senior Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Perth
    Call QF and they will sort the return leg out for you. Just tell them you can see the upgrade availability but can not do it online.

6. BLK343

BLK343 Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Quick call to QFF line will sort this out in a flash for you. I have had similar issues with some flights when trying to upgrade.

7. drross

drross Established Member

Jun 24, 2007
    warwick qld
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    totally agree. give them a call as this does happen regularly. But BrizVegas to TSV is often full in busness.