Access to Qantas Lounge (Adelaide & Sydney)

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by AussieBob, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. AussieBob

AussieBob Newbie

Jun 8, 2006
    I hope this is within the realms of the Group, if not I apologize now.
    My Partner and I are off to get married, in August, in Hawaii and are booked in Business Class Adelaide to Honolulu (via Sydney). We are disappointed that although we have access to the Club Lounge in Sydney and Honolulu for International Travel we are not in Adelaide and returning thru Sydney because they are Domestic legs.
    This is a very special occasion for us, are there any suggestions for us to achieve access. We are both retired now and do very little travelling.

2. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    My understanding is that as long as you can show that you are in transit from/to an international connection (ie. show your boarding passes) then you will have access to the lounge.

I would also strongly recommend that you call the individual Qantas clubs (the contact numbers are on the QF website), explain the situation and I am sure they will arrange for you to have access.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AussieBob

AussieBob Newbie

Jun 8, 2006
    Thank you for that information. I will certainly look into that but the Travel Agent we booked through said they had tried Qantas for some complimentary passes but were told in no uncertain manner that they were never given out for that purpose.

4. aus_flyer

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    Correct, they certainly won't give you complimentary passes, but they might record your name on a list of people to be given access at the door.
    I don't think it's a problem anyway - given the international connection, you should be fine.

5. AussieBob

AussieBob Newbie

Jun 8, 2006
    The problem might occur on our return leg, in the Sydney Domestic Lounge. At that time we will have completed our International segments and will only have a Domestic leg (SYD to ADL) left on our itinary. I will certainly contact the Lounges in the morning and ask.

6. aus_flyer

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    I still don't think it will be a problem.
    You are completing an international journey - right through to ADL

7. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    It wont be a problem at all. You are on an international trip in business class and so have access regardless of whether its the first flight, last flight, simple transit or you stopped over on the way there/back.

• Like Like x 2
  8. AussieBob

AussieBob Newbie

Jun 8, 2006
    Thank you for your advice. I spoke to the Qantas Lounge here in Adelaide and they confirmed if we have International Business Class we will have access to the Domestic Lounge in Adelaide and Sydney. I will also update my Travel Agent with that information.

9. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    AussieBob - welcome to AFF and congratulations on the upcoming wedding. I hope you have a great time in Hawaii. :D

10. aus_flyer

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    Glad you got a good answer!
    Have a great trip!

• Like Like x 1