Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Abject Failure in Communication with ETIHAD re FF Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

dongu

My wife and I flew Business Class with Etihad in May 2012--- Sydney -- Abu Dhabi -- Istanbul with later return LHR -- SYD. It is a long and boring story. All points have been awarded except for the initial flight SYD- Abu Dhabi 6 May 2012 -- upgraded using cash on departure to first-class.
We were verbally promised points on 20.12.2013 -- but no action from Abu Dhabi since -- in spite of a number of attempts by Etihad at reassuring e-mails.
Have any of your members had similar experiences with this airline's abject communication failures?

mannej

What fare bucket was the Y class that was upgraded ?
The OP upgraded a Business ticket to First, they did not fly economy.
From what I can gather, there have been a number of threads about VA members having to wait months to chase up flights, but never an EY FF member having to chase up EY points.

IrishPete

The OP upgraded a Business ticket to First, they did not fly economy.
From what I can gather, there have been a number of threads about VA members having to wait months to chase up flights, but never an EY FF member having to chase up EY points.
I've had to chase up points before, but I've found them quite responsive through Facebook or Twitter, not by any other methods.

MelUser

Established Member
upgrading at checkin or gate or whatever can stuff up the reservation.

Doesn't matter what airline - remember for many years the QF points upgrade from J to P class awarded O points until manual intervention fixed this.

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

dongu

The dismal saga continues! 3 July"please bear with us".18 july-"please contact call centre or Etihad ticket office".A="No thankyou--i've made enoughphone & email contacts.Please escalate!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snowhikes