AA status for purchase

Discussion in 'American Airlines AAdvantage' started by ioki, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. ioki

ioki Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SIN

2. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    There are advantages and disadvantages of both.

Paying for EXP by pre-paying some flights you were going to take anyway may make sense for the upgrades.

3. Tiki

Tiki Member

Jul 21, 2004
    BNE
    It seems that you can't use the card for RTW tickets so I am still better off with the platinum challenge.

4. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    This certainly does have an impact!

5. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    The purchased status would only be valid until 28/02/2007 whilst if you complete a challenge the status will be valid until 29/02/2008 so a challenge is still better I would say

Dave

6. Alan in CBR

Alan in CBR Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Canberra ACT
    But if you buy Exec Plat wouldn't you get a soft landing, and so be Plat until 29/2/08?

7. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    There is no EXP challenge.

8. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    That I am not sure on and wouldn't rely on it without getting written confirmation from AA. I didn't think that the status would have a soft landing, but I supose it might

Dave

9. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Indeed there isn't, but you can currently buy it. purchase an AA debit card with USD10000 credit valid for purchases until the end of the year for AA stuff and you automatically get awarded Executive Platinum status.

Given the description of EXP in the member's guide, it would also suggest that you should also get the 8 eVIPs . It states

"you receive 8 complimentary systemwide upgrades just for being an AAdvantage Executive Platinum member."

Dave