AA lounge access in North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reggie

Established Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
1,642
Points
420
mbeder said:
When in SF recently, Qantas business travellers are shunted into the Air France lounge.

Is this DOM or INT. I had use of the BA lounge with diect access to the boarding gate at SF for QF to SYD. Very nice selction of food and drink. Even has showers.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,568
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Reggie said:
Is this DOM or INT. I had use of the BA lounge with diect access to the boarding gate at SF for QF to SYD. Very nice selction of food and drink. Even has showers.
I believe QF First, Platinum FF and OneWorld Emeralds members use the BA lounge, and QF Business Class, Gold FF, OneWorld Sapphire and Qantas Club members use the AF lounge.
 

Reggie

Established Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
1,642
Points
420
NM said:
I believe QF First, Platinum FF and OneWorld Emeralds members use the BA lounge, and QF Business Class, Gold FF, OneWorld Sapphire and Qantas Club members use the AF lounge.
Ah I see. Interesting that they use 2 lounges, because the BA lounge is set into 2 areas, the first class area has a great view of the 747 when they pull it up to the gate. The greater lounge area is used by BA as their J lounge. Maybe they need the room at SFO, due to so many premium pax.
 
Last edited:

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,568
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Reggie said:
Ah I see. Interesting that they use 2 lounges, because the BA lounge is set into 2 areas, the first class area has a great view of the 747 when they pull it up to the gate. The greater lounge area is used by BA as their J lounge. Maybe they need the room at SFO, due to so many premium pax.
I suspect its something to do with costs. BA probably wanted to charge more the J lounge than AF is charging them, but AF probably could not provide the F lounge facilities.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
44,075
Solutions
19
Points
3,300
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I find it interesting that there are a few conflicting reports on this, not least the QF web site whick indicates the JAL Sakura Lounge is used for QP members. :confused:
 

Reggie

Established Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
1,642
Points
420
It would be interesting to know what chargeback applies between carriers for lounge usage. ie what does CX charge QF when a QF pax uses their lounge in HKG instead of the QC
 
Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,568
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
serfty said:
I find it interesting that there are a few conflicting reports on this, not least the QF web site whick indicates the JAL Sakura Lounge is used for QP members. :confused:
It could well be. I have not been through myself. But have read that the BA lounge is used as the FLounge and the other (AF, JAL whatever it is) is used for the J lounge. Perhaps AF and JL share a lounge facility at SFO???
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,568
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
serfty said:
Here's a recent FT post (23rd September) where an AA Plat flying J was invited to use the Sakura lounge but ended up in the BA Lounge by being pro-active.

SFO Lounge access on DONE4 - FlyerTalk Forums
I assume he was in the BA J lounge (Terraces) and not the BA FLounge as I assume the QF F and Emerald passengers would be able to use. Still likely to be more convenient and at least as good as the JL lounge.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top