AA / Jet Blue

larrymull

Intern
Does anyone know if you can earn Qantas status credits whilst flying AA codeshare and being flown with Jet Blue?

henrus

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Does anyone know if you can earn Qantas status credits whilst flying AA codeshare and being flown with Jet Blue?
Short Answer - No

Long Answer - This is buried away in the QFF T&C's, you'll only be able to earn points either American airlines or Jetblue.

larrymull

Intern
Short Answer - No

Long Answer - This is buried away in the QFF T&C's, you'll only be able to earn points either American airlines or Jetblue.
Sounds like a pain in the a**e, I was trying to get some sneaky credits as AA has pulled out of a few legs I need to fly and is flying codeshare with JetBlue.

justinbrett

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Silver
I earnt SCs flying AS (pre them joining oneworld) when it was sold as an AA flight. I wouldn't think this is any different.

Unless it's specifically excluded (which I can't see on QF's AA page) I would think the system wouldn't know any better.

AA grant points for the codeshare to its members, so would indicate they would grant QF points/SC too.

wandering_fred

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
The important bit is the quote from the fare class earning tables for the QFF partner airlines the way I read it,
Under American Airlines
Qantas Points and Status Credits are earned on all eligible booking classes.

except codeshare flights operated by an airline other than Qantas or a oneworld member airline.
The bolded statement is NOT included for American Airlines coded flights but is included on a number of other airlines

Hopefully this saves you some wandering
Fred

larrymull

Intern
It is so confusing and you just never know. Don’t want to spend the coin when thinking I’m going to earn SC but find out later I won’t, I’ll just fly another carrier.

In the past, I’ve always found this to be a guessing game.