AA Award travel on QF

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Jim_CBR, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Jim_CBR

    Jim_CBR Newbie

    Jul 6, 2007
    1
    0
    G'day,

    I'm hoping I can get some good ideas. I've done some searches, but I haven't been able to find something similar. Rather long - but hopefully I explain myself clearly.

    I've got an AA award flight booked in J class from CBR to CHC on QF next weekend. Unfortunately I now definately have to be in CHC by early morning so I have to arrive their on the night I'm travelling.

    I've only got a 1hr5min connection in SYD from my incoming CBR flight. This isn't a major concern. What's more of a concern is a delay in CBR (in particular from morning fog!). If I don't make the connection in Sydney, it's impossible to get to CHC that evening.

    Tried to change the booking to an earlier day or to get the first flight out of CBR - but alas not available.

    My questions therefore are:
    1) If I book my own flight from CBR to SYD the night before and I don't use the award ticket for that leg, will AA (or QF) cancel the rest of my booking? I'm assuming yes, so in that case, will AA allow me to explain the situation and skip that leg? Or perhaps will they let me cancel that leg?
    2) Alternatively, will AA let me fly the CBR-SYD leg the day before (assuming availability)?

    Any advice for this situation would be appreciated. Trying to explain my concerns to AA's Indian call centre is next to impossible as all they keep saying is that it's a legal connection (I'm not doubting that, but obviously my worry is a delay and hence not making it to CHC that evening!)

    Cheers in advance.

    Jim
     

  2. Dave Noble

    Dave Noble Senior Member

    Oct 10, 2005
    6,419
    8
    1) You should be able to cancel the 1st leg as long as you pay the USD 100 fee

    2) As long as there is availability, you should be able to change to travel the night before for no fee

    Rather than deal with India, try phoning the US or UK offices

    Dave
     
Loading...

Share This Page