A great change to QFF - Oneworld FF tickets

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by aus_flyer, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    I have discovered a change to QFF which I think is great. :D :D

As many of you would be aware, one of the big traps with Oneworld redemption tickets is that once travel has commenced, no changes are allowed.

Qantas have advised me that this rule has now been relaxed. As long as you are travelling on an eticket, date and time changes can be made after travel has commenced (ie. revals are permitted, reissues are not).

IMHO, this is a really great change.

2. coyote25

coyote25 Established Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Melbourne
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Cool news odoherty

Very timely as I'm commencing on a oneworld award next week. Hopefully I won't need to use the change but you never know. Did you yet this advice over a general phone call or someone you know at Qantas?

3. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    I was told on the phone. I then checked the FF terms and conditions and could not find any reference to the old rule about "no changes after journey has commenced"

4. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    This is indeed a positive move. It was one of the things that made the OneWorld Award different to other awards and one that people often did not realise was a restriction until too late.