A couple of questions about Online and Kiosk Check in | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

A couple of questions about Online and Kiosk Check in

Status
Not open for further replies.

leny

I have some questions about Qantas and Virgin Blue check in.

Say that I have booked a 2 leg flight. After viewing the online tutorials for both airlines, it seems as if it is possible to check in for only 1 leg of the flight when using online check in, but this option doesn't seem to be available when using a kiosk. Is this correct?

If I had connecting flights under 1 booking number, but only checked in for the 1st leg, and checked in for the other leg after arriving at the destination of leg 1, would my bags come out at the end of the first leg, or would they travel to the final destination of leg 2?

NM

Flights
My Map
I cannot speak for DJ as I have no experience. But with Qantas, when you use OLCI or QuickCheck, you will be checked-in for all connecting sectors and when you use the baggage drop the bags will be tagged to the final destination.

note that at this time QuickCheck and OLCI cannot be used if you have an international connections.

leny

Thanks for that NM - I haven't though it through properly. What I was thinking was that if you have 2 legs, one in the morning, one in the evening - if you can check in at 2 different times - but I realized that you wouldn't be at the orgin airport of the first flight more than 24 hours before your second flight.

Is that how it is with kiosks? 24 hrs check in before the flight or is it something like just 4 hours?

Shano

Established Member
Flights
My Map
If you are flying on the same day, such as:

SYD - MEL at 8:00am

and returning

MEL - SYD at 4:00pm

and you do not have any checked luggage, then using the Quick check kiosk at the airport you can check-in for both flights in the morning at SYD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GuyRTW