A Complete, Updated List of Fifth-Freedom Routes | Page 5 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

A Complete, Updated List of Fifth-Freedom Routes

blandy62

Looks like ET is terminating MAD-DUB by end October and will route the DUB flight via BRU (5th freedom?)

DL will terminate NRT-SIN (by september?) and NRT-MNL by march. Look like they may start ICN-MNL (5th freedom?)

Last edited:

Mistress

Flights
My Map
I was one of the unfortunate ones with a direct SIN to BNE flight in April. It was cancelled last night. The flight was booked on QFF points, so we rang QF platinum call line, and emirates had already transferred us onto the direct QF flight. Got the new tickets issues by QF, and even better we now get to go visit the SIN First lounge before better half looses WP status :) Interestingly when I booked these (4) tickets two weeks ago, there was no award seats available on QF, so I am glad we weren't forced to go via Sydney or else where. I do like that QF allowed us to go onto the earlier flight (well 14 hrs earlier) then being forced onto the same day flight.

fresherbill

On Thursday, the watchdog said Emirates had provided evidence to support its claims, and that CCCS had received no feedback voicing concerns.
Apparently, my submission objecting to the cancellation of the route counts as "no feedback". Tells you who really matters.

Tawita

Intern
Nauru Airlines are no longer flying BNE-HIR or MAJ-PNI (Flight Schedule).

Suggest including the United flights MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-TKK-GUM, which would make KWA-KSA and TKK-GUM fifth freedom flights.

AFF Editor

Editor
Flights
My Map
Nauru Airlines are no longer flying BNE-HIR or MAJ-PNI (Flight Schedule).

Suggest including the United flights MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-TKK-GUM, which would make KWA-KSA and TKK-GUM fifth freedom flights.
I have removed BNE-HIR and MAJ-PNI from the list.

The United Island Hopper service is another one of those "grey areas" as the flight originates and terminates in the USA (Guam/Honolulu). As far as I can tell, the only sectors of the Island Hopper that qualify as fifth-freedom routes are KWA-KSA and KWA-PNI as these are between two different countries which are outside of the United States. Guam is a U.S. territory, so GUM-TKK is not fifth-freedom. The TKK-PNI and PNI-KSA sectors are both entirely within the Federated States of Micronesia, and KWA-MAJ is entirely within the Marshall Islands, so these are eighth-freedom routes.

I have therefore added KWA-KSA and KWA-PNI to the list.

I believe PR has stopped operating KIX - TPE.
Removed from the list.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shantel