600,000 rewards points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANT

Established Member
Right what do you think is the best option as I did not link to QFF.
Can I transfer the points to international travel airline?
Which one is my best bet?

Or

Would you spend on another reward item?

CBA PLAT CARD

Last edited:
To answer your question we need to know which credit card company you are with...as they are all different with their transfer rates and which airlines that you can transfer with.

For example if you want to fly Business Class.....if you are with Amex, transferring to Singapore is very good value IF the routes that you wish to fly on have their Saver Awards( which half the price of the next option, but which are not available to all destinations). SQ are also good for partner aitline awards in the Star alliance in J.

In general redeeming for flights are better value than for other reward options.

Where you migght want to fly..and in which class are also very relevant.

As this is in the CBA thread I guess thats the card.Airline choices are limited to Velocity and NZ Airpoints.I am not sure which of those would be the best value.

I think there are only 2 choices for airlines:

Velocity Rewards
Air NZ Airpoints

Perhaps have a look at TravelPlus and see what the rates are to "buy" flights.

The CBA Awardstore doesn't really impress me - it is a very poor value option for using points.

Using travel plus is not cheap, the burn rate is very cough...(A little bit better than cash)

Cash credit is another cough burn rate item but certainly more flexible than any other rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back