50SC sign up bonus for Westpac Altitude Black

elanshin

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2023
Posts
5,224
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Silver
SkyTeam
Elite Plus

90k+50SC and another 60k for year 2.

Is this a new thing with CC offering SC as a sign up bonus?
 
That is interesting and the SC are quite attractive, but again they have the exclusion for existing customers and it is quite long - 24 months :(.

I have a westpac card already and as a retiree (with self managed super fund payments and investments as my only income), I am reluctant to cancel it and wait 24 months to reapply because I worry about the approval process at that point. I could end up with no FF points, no SC and worse still, no credit card.

It's quite annoying that they continue to spit in the eye of loyal customers, and seem to just chase the churners. What about rewarding good behaviour???

Also, I additionally hold a runner card on my hubby's westpac credit card (on top of the one in my own name). Does anyone know if holding a runner card counts as "holding a Westpac card" in terms of the sign up bonuses?
 

90k+50SC and another 60k for year 2.

Is this a new thing with CC offering SC as a sign up bonus?
I saw this yesterday, wondering the same question. Can't remember seeing this recently, but I do remember a few years ago there was something like that, from Westpac OR NAB, probably around 80SC
 
I saw this yesterday, wondering the same question. Can't remember seeing this recently, but I do remember a few years ago there was something like that, from Westpac OR NAB, probably around 80SC
I think ANZ had one for 75SCs for the Frequent Flyer Black around 2020. Was waiting for it to come around again to apply but it never returned!
 
Unfortunately, I am still serving my 24 month exclusion period for WBC. I can't even consider this for another 12 months. Will revisit closer to then.
 
Elevate your business spending to first-class rewards! Sign up today with code AFF10 and process over $10,000 in business expenses within your first 30 days to unlock 10,000 Bonus PayRewards Points.
Join 30,000+ savvy business owners who:

✅ Pay suppliers who don’t accept Amex
✅ Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
✅ Earn & transfer PayRewards Points to 10+ airline & hotel partners

Start earning today!
- Pay suppliers who don’t take Amex
- Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
- Earn & Transfer PayRewards Points to 8+ top airline & hotel partners

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Note fees as below for this card:


Annual card fee$295
Annual Altitude Qantas Rewards Program fee$155

$450 for 90k+50SC is meh for most people I would have thought.
 
Is this a new thing with CC offering SC as a sign up bonus?
A few popped up during COVID. ANZ Frequent Flyer Black had 75sc in 2020. nab Qantas Signature Rewards had 75sc in 2021. Amex Qantas Ultimate had 120sc in 2021. I believe there were also offers on the Qantas Money cards as well. But nothing really since then.
 
Note fees as below for this card:


Annual card fee$295
Annual Altitude Qantas Rewards Program fee$155

$450 for 90k+50SC is meh for most people I would have thought.


Thats $9 per SC. Better than the average flight. And that doesn't include the 90k points. If you assume 0.5c per point - $450 in value for the points and thus effective "free" SC.

If you're purely suggesting 90k for $450 then yes, its average but by no means bad in 2026 landscape of cc signups. The 50 SC however had very different value to different people. Those after status will value it much higher than others.
 
That is interesting and the SC are quite attractive, but again they have the exclusion for existing customers and it is quite long - 24 months :(.

I have a westpac card already and as a retiree (with self managed super fund payments and investments as my only income), I am reluctant to cancel it and wait 24 months to reapply because I worry about the approval process at that point. I could end up with no FF points, no SC and worse still, no credit card.

It's quite annoying that they continue to spit in the eye of loyal customers, and seem to just chase the churners. What about rewarding good behaviour???

Also, I additionally hold a runner card on my hubby's westpac credit card (on top of the one in my own name). Does anyone know if holding a runner card counts as "holding a Westpac card" in terms of the sign up bonuses?
You might be able to change it to a non points earning card because I think that's what the exclusion is. Not 100% sure but worth looking at
 
I thought I would drop the t&cs attached to those 50 SC, you know, before someone claim scam and lawyer up.

50 Status Credits
^The 50 Status Credits will generally be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 12 weeks of meeting the minimum spend criteria. Status Credits earned will reset to zero at the start of your new Qantas Frequent Flyer Membership Year. Status Credits will not contribute towards any Loyalty Bonuses, or any Platinum or Platinum One Bonus Rewards or any Qantas Status Accelerator. Status Credits earned on the ground (not from flying) do not contribute toward Fast Track Gold or Platinum Challenges or Status Match Gold Challenges. Status Credits are not transferable and subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.

🧌
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top