50% more points or 50% more SC - limited time

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by deejo77, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. deejo77

deejo77 Active Member

Feb 5, 2012
    brisbane
    Just got this via email Choose your bonus reward
    Make your next journey even more rewarding with your choice ofeither 50% more Qantas Points* or 50% more Status credits* when you fly on eligible Qantas flights.
    [​IMG]
    This bonus offer is valid when you register using the link below and make a new booking between 23 and 30 May 2014 for travel until 30 June 2014. Eligible flights are all flights with a QF flight number on your ticket where Qantas Points or Status credits are normally earned[SUP]^[/SUP].
    [​IMG]
    Simply register below and remember to include your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number in your booking. Then you'll automatically receive the bonus offer for every eligible Qantas flight[SUP]^[/SUP] booked and travelled during the promotional period.

2. suparockin

suparockin Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Bummer - another one I missed out on....

3. Danger

Danger Senior Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Perth
    I see Qantas still hasn't employed proof readers.

4. deejo77

deejo77 Active Member

Feb 5, 2012
    brisbane
    Status run semi organised - first time visit to Canberra - 240SC but with bonus it gives me 360SC - 10 SC shy of requal for gold that ends in Feb.

5. eastwest101

eastwest101 Established Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Townsville
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Very limited timeframe, and seems a pretty transparent attempt for some people to maybe get one of their their KPI's ticked off for this financial year, before being shown the door?

Forward bookings could possibly be a little low?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cool Cat Phil

Cool Cat Phil Established Member

May 2, 2013
    Melbourne, VIC
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Is this a targeted offer or a open promotion?

7. Paddy55

Paddy55 Established Member

Sep 30, 2006
    Sydney
    Mrs Paddy got the offer... but not me... and I could really use it this time :(

8. deejo77

deejo77 Active Member

Feb 5, 2012
    brisbane
    Targeted - I clicked on the link and it said thanks for registering nothing else

9. Cool Cat Phil

Cool Cat Phil Established Member

May 2, 2013
    Melbourne, VIC
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Cheers, Thanks for that.

I've been getting an email per day from Qantas recently, but no 50% extra love for me it seems.

10. cmon0005

cmon0005 Established Member

Aug 3, 2009
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Mrs (SG) got the offer, me (WP) no offer :(

11. AustraliaPoochie

AustraliaPoochie Established Member

They want us to feel good, because we all know what comes post Jul.., on cheap in Aust fares and trans Tasmsn fares, it all goes er, downhill.

• Like Like x 1
  12. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    Qantas have run a promo in the last few months of the financial year for years, this year its different as its not double SC but same aim, wrap up the financial year as strong as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AustraliaPoochie

AustraliaPoochie Established Member

If only the post Jul changes were not so drastic.
    Never noticed the offer in past years, it's news to me.
    They didn't send me the email though either.

14. Colster

Colster Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Syd
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    As a already re qualified WP I get nuffin from QF in terms of DSCs or Special offers. In fact I get more love from Woolworths than I do from QF. Will stop flying them now until new year starts and see if that changes the love factor.

Redroo:
    why is that you all(QF, not you personally) seem to not care about incentivising your best customers to stay that way as opposed to others? I.e. QF Drives people to get SC on VA once they have achieved their (perceived) max capability for a year..

15. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    Qantas offers incentives to most of their members regardless of levels, having been a SG or WP since 97 I think I have had 15-20 double SC promos etc

16. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Not looking good at all. With airfares a little high I cannot see that encouraging people to book.

• Like Like x 1
  17. GPH

GPH Established Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Brisbane Bayside
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I have to say, with the demise of the ASA , I pretty much lost interest in trying to retain plat.
    Mrs GPH decided that we needed a break and managed after a marathon session with the call centre to book a status run( holiday) which looks like I will earn the +50% SC's on.
    So I will again be allowed to breath the rarefied air that is the FLounge. For another 12 months that is.
    I'm not so sure we will make the effort in the next qualifying year though.

18. Pleb Status

Pleb Status Established Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Perth
    It is good to see that 'fairer' flying has kicked in and a select group of customers receive a benefit that no one else can get.

Maybe Tony and Joe should take a page out of QF's book when trying to explain the budget.

19. aamslfc

aamslfc Intern

Feb 15, 2013
    Sydney
    "Fairer" indeed :-|. Stupid thing is, I would book QF in an instant if they sent me the email; I could do with an extra 50% status before June 30. Still, I only just got the QF Cash offer this morning (a week after registering) so there's still hope!

And if that fails, well... it couldn't hurt to ask RedRoo... :p

20. benjy

benjy Active Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Melbourne
    Twitter:
    I got this offer as well, don't have the free cash so can't take them up on the offer :(