5 Membership Rewards BONUS points per every $1 spent- supermarkets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrAndyC

Received flyer in mail today.

5 bonus points per dollar spent at Woolworths, Safeway, Bi-Lo, IGA, Franklins and Coles. Up to a max 5000 points between Dec15 and March 14 next year. I got the offer for my gold credit card (i have platinum too). This is unfortunately the only amex offer I have received this festive season.

americanexpress.com.au/grocery5

Last edited:
That said...even though I was targeted I couldn't sign up. I received this notice:

"We apologise, this Bonus offer has now ended. Keep an eye out for our forthcoming promotional bonuses and remember, you can register for the bonus as soon as you get our notification, there is no need to wait until the bonus starts. That way, you will automatically earn bonus points as soon as the promotion starts!"

Perhaps I have to wait until Dec15th when the promo starts before signing up?

Same here. Could not register either. Looks like Amex IT system is working to restrict to only the people who are eligible to register.

I tried but really did not expect to be included.

Oh well:(

ejb

Correction : I got the offer sent to me for my platinum card.
Still cant sign up online despite being targeted by the mailout....Amex - how bizarre, how bizarre.

Why did I even bother to try and register? I knew I wasn't going to be eligible for the promotion....

Why did I even bother to try and register? I knew I wasn't going to be eligible for the promotion....

The lure of the bonus point is strong John. We all try and emit a sad sigh when denied.

ejb

Got targeted for my Plat credit card
grocery4 as the code

Wonder if they realised I had stopped using Amex at Woolies, thanks to
1. better points with woolies card
2. chip + pin making it much easier to use the self serve machines

grocery4 as the code

This is a different promo, but let me register:

Earn 1,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points for every four eligible purchases over $25 at participating supermarkets, capped at 5,000 Bonus Points during 15 December 2009 and 14 March 2010. Eligible purchases must be charged to the specific American Express Credit or Charge Card issued by American Express Australia Limited (¿American Express¿) that was nominated in the invitation to participate in the promotion.

neither worked for me... :(

But then i did get the 10k loyalty bonus last week :mrgreen:

can't expect too much!

The " grocery5" promo finally let me register this morning (I couldnt register last night despite being targeted)...so perhaps those of you who tried and fail may benefit from trying again ;)

In their recent slice and dice of their membership to offer promotions to, I seem to keep falling in to the 'not targetted' bucket with unfortunate regularity!

Seasons greetings AFFers
no luck with "grocery5" but "grocery4" let me register despite no postcard.
Green charge and plat credit association linked. Not sure which one is linked to the bonus
Regards Danger UXB

Hi all, just a bit of a rant here about all the promos that have been on offer of late. And have I got an invite ?? Plat charge and credit cards ?? Member since 1999 ?? Where are my offers Amex ? They promote Plat as being somewhat of a 'cut about' (sorry to all the other cardmembers) so where are my offers ??

1. Loyalty bonus 10,000 points = rrrr no
2. Velocity status promo = rrrr no
3. M/s rewards promo Wollies = rrr no

It seems I will have to contact my local concierge so that I can get a postcard or be enrolled ??

Oh and happy festive season to all !

Hi all, just a bit of a rant here about all the promos that have been on offer of late. And have I got an invite ?? Plat charge and credit cards ?? Member since 1999 ?? Where are my offers Amex ? They promote Plat as being somewhat of a 'cut about' (sorry to all the other cardmembers) so where are my offers ??

1. Loyalty bonus 10,000 points = rrrr no
2. Velocity status promo = rrrr no
3. M/s rewards promo Wollies = rrr no

It seems I will have to contact my local concierge so that I can get a postcard or be enrolled ??

Oh and happy festive season to all !

Ricardo,

You are more than likely in the same boat as me. You spend lots each month so Amex have no need to target you to promote further spending. Amex only seem to target the card holders they want to see increase their spend every month, so stop using the card and I am sure you will get targetted for a promo soon;)

ejb

No luck on this one for me, but given my regular use of my AMEX at supermarkets already it doesn't really surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back