$450 amex credit - booking an extra person?

Flyinisaite

Hi all,

So with the new changes of the $450 qantas travel credit, we have to now book an itinerary above $450. Unfortunately, the only trip me and the missus can book is under the $450 (there's no way around this) and the total will come out to be around $370 (one way).

I'm happy to obviously lose the $80 but with the recent changes, this doesn't look possible.

So I wanted to ask AFF if there were any repercussions of me booking an additional person onto our one way itinerary and they not showing up (and if asked I will probably just say they're late and will miss the flight). We'll obviously pay around $90 out of pocket but that's better than losing a full $450.

(P.S. There are no Qantas return flights hence why I can only do a one way).

Hi all,

So with the new changes of the $450 qantas travel credit, we have to now book an itinerary above $450. Unfortunately, the only trip me and the missus can book is under the $450 (there's no way around this) and the total will come out to be around $370 (one way).

I'm happy to obviously lose the $80 but with the recent changes, this doesn't look possible.

So I wanted to ask AFF if there were any repercussions of me booking an additional person onto our one way itinerary and they not showing up (and if asked I will probably just say they're late and will miss the flight). We'll obviously pay around $90 out of pocket but that's better than losing a full $450.

Yeah .. I hate this new rule .. got hit with it unexpectedly last weekend when booking .. I don't see any issue with you 'overbooking' and the extra passenger 'falling ill' :) and not flying ...

Hi all,

One other option would be for you to check if there is any way to bag additional luggage or extras , if available through the Amex travel website. I am sure there will be different fare options available to choose from which I believe you have already taken into account. In case of any last minute delays or cancellations you risk losing all of your money and not just the additional amount. Hope you are able to work it out. All the best.

Back