40,000 sign up bonus on NAB premium Velocity and Qantas Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 40,000 sign up bonus on NAB premium Velocity and Qantas Crads

Thanks Demonaid - I think I'll have me a slice of that.

I literally got this card 3 weeks ago #fml

If you are signing up purely for the bonus points, the standard reward card offers better value.
$65 annual fee for 20,000 qantas points

as opposed to the premium rewards card
$250 annual fee for 40,000 qantas points

Thats assuming you are chasing qantas points like me.

Good value for virgin i must say.

Its $150 for the Virgin Plat and $250 for the Qantas Plat. NAB have always had that anomaly so, like for like, the Virgin is much better value.

Anyone tried to do both Virgin Plat and Qantas Standard, getting two lots of points?

Did the Qantas one today but wondering if I sign up for the velocity one as well whether they would do the points again :)

Anyone tried to do both Virgin Plat and Qantas Standard, getting two lots of points?

Did the Qantas one today but wondering if I sign up for the velocity one as well whether they would do the points again :)
No reason why they shouldn't. Terms and conditions state the following:

Bonus Points offer not available in conjunction with any other offer.Bonus Points offer is available online only, is not available in conjunction with any other offer or to NAB credit card customers transferring from another NAB credit card or to NAB staff under Employees Choice.

So I would wait a week or so till the new card comes in the mail and is set up correctly. Unlike other companies like AMEX (where you have to be a new cardholder - which they define as not having held an amex card in the preceding 12 months), Nab allow you to have multiple cads, as long as you are not transferring from one credit card to the other.

Saying all that, its probably not a good look on the credit file if you are constantly applying for credit cards....you may get rejected. So I'd wait a couple of months and apply before the end date of July 31st.

Signed up for the 40k Premium virgin card, arrived on Friday.... 1 week from application.

Customer ID online (new NAB customer) and have already started using the card (1.5pt AMEX, 0.5 Visa has been placed in the filing cabinet :D)... The process couldn't have been simpler.

Will sit quite nicely with my free Citi signature Visa :D.... on that note Bon voyage QFF its been nice (and thanks for the family trip to new york last month :D)

Mrs applied for the Velocity Platinum but they only offered her the standard even though she meets the criteria... Guess it's a good thing as the annual fee is lower!

Thanks Demonaid - I think I'll have me a slice of that.
And I have - Qantas cards approved - I'll spend on it first and then I'll apply for the Velocity cards - what's the worst - a refusal - yeah whatever.

Is there a min spend for the points?? I'm looking but cant seem to see it anywhere.

Is there a min spend for the points?? I'm looking but cant seem to see it anywhere.
Never has been in past - $10 usually gets you over the line - god I love NAB, ANZ et al CC offerings.

Nice. Amex always does and seeing their referrals are gone now this card is pretty nice.

40k velocity points posted overnight, thanks NAB :D

$2 spend, now have 40,002 points even before the $152 is due for payment.

Recieved my 40k in QFF points today. As of lastnight, there was so far no annual fee charged.

Got points yesterday from the first lot of card spend but no bonus :(

Did the bonus points post at the same time as the regular points came through for you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back