4 Velocity rewards plus credit card rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between now and 31 December you can buy xs cards via velocity/westfield online and receive 4 velocity points plus usual credit card rewards. xs cards can be used anywhere eftpos is accepted so could be very useful where amex is not accepted (or surcharged). $4.95 fee on $995 card which equates to $0.0012 per point plus the points from your credit card.

Interesting, I wonder if the cards can be used to buy Aus Post money orders....

Could be a complete circle to pay off the card with the MO.

Between now and 31 December you can buy xs cards via velocity/westfield online and receive 4 velocity points plus usual credit card rewards. xs cards can be used anywhere eftpos is accepted so could be very useful where amex is not accepted (or surcharged). $4.95 fee on $995 card which equates to $0.0012 per point plus the points from your credit card.

Not entirely correct. It cannot be used anywhere eftpos is accepted. I have tried to use it in places where the transactions would not go through. From memory, Coles, Woolworths and Myer are out.

Not entirely correct. It cannot be used anywhere eftpos is accepted. I have tried to use it in places where the transactions would not go through. From memory, Coles, Woolworths and Myer are out.

I agree, not all accept. Just assume that any Woolies or Myer (including Kmart) group stores don't accept them and you'll be right. I'm sure it's in the T&C's which I remember reading on the web.

if you look in the storedirectory via website, only stores with the little 'w' icon accept the gift cards.

Just tried to buy one of these online, doesnt seem to have a place to enter the velocity number,so I tried a dummy purchase from one of the other stores, which did ask for the FF number. Has anyone actually purchased and received the points for a giftcard purchase?

Seeing that the big two supermarkets don't accept the xs card...

I shop occasionally at aldi, which doesn't accept amex at all, and charges a .5% surcharge for visa and mastercard credit. With the velocity bonus, I'd happily wear this surcharge.

This could be a great way to get around the amex limitations, but can anyone confirm that aldi accepts prepaid debit cards?

There is no option to add the Velocity Number when buying either flavour of the gift card, I suspect its a no go!

The giftcard order link appears to take you to a different webpage and a different order system (for instance the gift card page accepts Amex, whereas the main store is visa/mastercard only).

However, there appears to be a loophole: search for giftcard within the store, and a number of store giftcards are available, including the westfield and westfield xs (only up to $200) these can be ordered and paid for (visa/mastercard only) through the main store, which has a space for a velocity number. Would still be interesting to see if giftcards are excluded from points earn.

However, there appears to be a loophole: search for giftcard within the store, and a number of store giftcards are available, including the westfield and westfield xs (only up to $200) these can be ordered and paid for (visa/mastercard only) through the main store, which has a space for a velocity number. Would still be interesting to see if giftcards are excluded from points earn.

I dont think they are as apparently my $30 card just got me 185 points!

I agree, not all accept. Just assume that any Woolies or Myer (including Kmart) group stores don't accept them and you'll be right. I'm sure it's in the T&C's which I remember reading on the web.

Just a technical note Myer is no longer part of a group. They were separated from the Coles group a while ago. Kmart is still part of the Coles group, owned by Wesfarmers.

Sent from my iPhone using Aust Freq Fly app so please excuse the lack of links.

Markis, can you confirm that Velocity points post fairly rapidly from the Westfield site: When did you purchase the giftcard and when did the points post? Was it a normal Westfield or Westfield xs card?

Methinks my Boxing Day Sales shopping will all be via this site until New Year's Eve.

Markis, can you confirm that Velocity points post fairly rapidly from the Westfield site: When did you purchase the giftcard and when did the points post? Was it a normal Westfield or Westfield xs card?

Methinks my Boxing Day Sales shopping will all be via this site until New Year's Eve.

My order has said I am eligible for 185 points, until is processed I would imagine thats the only activity I will see!

Just ordered 5 x $200 cards and earned 4100 points. Interesting that I was offered the opportunity to pay with a Westfield gift card.......

I'm unfamiliar with the xs cards, but are they able to be used electronically?
i.e. could you request money from yourself via the likes of PayPal?

Sent from my iPhone using Aust Freq Fly app

Therefore whats in post #2 does seem a little unnecessary

Westfield cards arrived. Logged in and purchased new westfield cards with two of these cards (just checking to make sure before I go too far) and have been told that I qualify for more velocity points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back