4,000 points Rtn on QF Link?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by toetoes, May 26, 2004.

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
(Click HERE for a welcome message from our founder.)

Our site contains tons of information that is guaranteed to improve your travel experience. Be it tips on how to fly in First/Business at a reduced cost, smart ways to earn more points, the best way to use your points, cheap deals, hand-picked hotel recommendations, detailed trip reports.

We hope you find the information useful and decide to join our online community.

Joining AFF is fast, simple and ABSOLUTELY FREE - so why not join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear freeing up more space on your screen!
And you will see fewer advertisements :)

1. toetoes

toetoes Junior Member

Mar 15, 2004
    Well I am going to try it. :D Double points on some QF link flts. Just booked BNE - NTL - BNE same day to go to the magic 120,000 point level. SC are only 20 but for a low Qantas club bronze flyer, it is the points I am after, for a rtn flt to the UK perhaps? No Qantas club in NTL but I am there for only 25 min so it does not matter. The 4,000 points is what I need :? :lol: . Am I crazy to do this ? :?:
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. redrat

redrat Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Vic
    Toetoes,
    Never done it myself but judging by some of the other posts I've read here and at Flyertalk, I don't think you're crazy.
    Mind you, because I'm fairly tall at 194cm it's not something I would find comfortable. Thankfully my job takes me to Plat every year so I'm not pushed to do the same thing.
    Cheers & Have a good flight.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

let see... $60 one way, 120 return, 4000 pts & 20sc

make 20 flights and thats

400 SC
    80,000points
    for $2400

need 1200 for WP retainer

so 2400x3 = 7.2k & 240,000 points

7k aint bad for a return first class trip to london and WP for another year =)

anyone up for some phun?:)

4. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Sounds great in theory. :D Not sure I can afford the time though :!: