28° 95¢ BPay fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I noticed a new change to the credit contract at the end of my new statements.
Does this mean $0.95 charge to pay via BPAY?

Effective from 11th of July 2016The terms relating to the payment handling fee will change from 'A payment handling fee will be chargedto your account each time you make a payment to your account, except that no fee is payable forpayments made by mail, by direct debit or by BPAY®' to 'A payment handling fee will be charged toyour account each time you make a payment to your account, except that no fee is payable forpayments made by mail, direct debit or via the Online Service Centre'.The payment handling fees are $2.50 (in person) or $0.95 (online).The paper statement fee is increasing from $2.00 to $2.50.This change was advertised in The Australian Newspaper on 10th May 2016.

Re: 28° Mastercard Cash Advances while overseas [No more free cash advances from 1/1/

I noticed a new change to the credit contract at the end of my new statements.
Does this mean $0.95 charge to pay via BPAY?

Effective from 11th of July 2016The terms relating to the payment handling fee will change from 'A payment handling fee will be chargedto your account each time you make a payment to your account, except that no fee is payable forpayments made by mail, by direct debit or by BPAY®' to 'A payment handling fee will be charged toyour account each time you make a payment to your account, except that no fee is payable forpayments made by mail, direct debit or via the Online Service Centre'.The payment handling fees are $2.50 (in person) or $0.95 (online).The paper statement fee is increasing from $2.00 to $2.50.This change was advertised in The Australian Newspaper on 10th May 2016.

Yeah it does seem strange. I just used their online service centre to make a payment today. Thing is it will take 3 days to come out of the account supposedly.

Re: 28° Mastercard Cash Advances while overseas [No more free cash advances from 1/1/

What is an online service centre? If it like bpay but just their own service that does exactly the same thing as bpay?

What is an online service centre? If it like bpay but just their own service that does exactly the same thing as bpay?

It appears to be exactly that.

Online service centre is what they call their customer portal.

The transaction is actually a customer initiated direct debit (CIDD) which has an online direct debit authority (DDA) sitting in behind it.

It behaves the same way as Bpay but costs the card issuer significantly less hence why they are offering this as a free option.

Use it with confidence.

Online service centre is what they call their customer portal.

The transaction is actually a customer initiated direct debit (CIDD) which has an online direct debit authority (DDA) sitting in behind it.

It behaves the same way as Bpay but costs the card issuer significantly less hence why they are offering this as a free option.

Use it with confidence.

This is another case of putting the work on the customer. Whereas I could pay all sorts of bills from my primary cash account, now I have to login somewhere else and trigger the transaction from the other end.

My account balance is Zero, and likely to stay there for the present. This will become my backup card, and BankWest MasterCard the primary, for foreign transactions.

This is another case of putting the work on the customer. Whereas I could pay all sorts of bills from my primary cash account, now I have to login somewhere else and trigger the transaction from the other end.

My account balance is Zero, and likely to stay there for the present. This will become my backup card, and BankWest MasterCard the primary, for foreign transactions.

If you feel so put out by this why don't you sign up for their automatic monthly payment option?

One login and one or 2 clicks is hardly an imposition especially if you have to log in to view transactions anyway. Its also the price to be paid for not having FX and other fees on the account.

If you don't like it, don't use it.

Isn't that effectively what I said?

After complaining about a relatively benign process around one login and 2 clicks to make a payment, Yes.

It was also suggested to you that there were other options regarding making these payments.

Given that this card saves hundreds of dollars in FX fees $0.95 shouldn't break the bank for a payment. If that fee is a financial burden then perhaps some financial counselling may be worth consideration.

I no longer have this card, so I don't know how would this work, but AmEx has the same system.

You have two options to put money into your AmEx card:
- B Pay
- go to AmEx web site and trigger a direct debit

And, the best way is actually use AmEx web site to trigger a direct debit.

If you use B Pay, your AmEx account is adjusted after the fund is cleared into your AmEx account (depends on the cut off time of your bank, and if it's a weekend, etc)

If you use AmEx web site to trigger a payment, AmEx will top up your AmEx card immediately, without having to wait for your payment to clear, so you can use that uncleared fund immediately. (AmEx operates this based on trusting you that you do have that money available in your bank account).

Hence there are situations where it is better to trigger a direct debit, rather than using B Bay.

After complaining about a relatively benign process around one login and 2 clicks to make a payment, Yes.

It was also suggested to you that there were other options regarding making these payments.

Given that this card saves hundreds of dollars in FX fees $0.95 shouldn't break the bank for a payment. If that fee is a financial burden then perhaps some financial counselling may be worth consideration.

But my BankWest card saves me hundreds of dollars in FX fees, and I get to pay it from my primary transaction account (Westpac). Yes it may only be a minor inconvenience, but I am happy to stay with BankWest and park the 28Degrees card for now. My financial counsellor seems quite happy with my current approach. :)

[FONT=&quot]So to pay a bill without $0.95 Bpay fees you "Pay From bank account"?
You add BSB and account number and give it 3 days to clear.
It's under "My account"

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]So to pay a bill without $0.95 Bpay fees you "Pay From bank account"?
You add BSB and account number and give it 3 days to clear.
It's under "My account"

[/FONT]

Yep.

Characters.

Cancelled this card today, I had put it into credit by a few cents as I no longer like the card - then slapped with the 95 cents charge, which put me into debit by 45 cents! Enough, called up and cancelled it pronto. Good to get rid of a credit card - currently sticking with ones with genuine value. I do not pay credit cards prior to due date so the other option was never going to work.

Tried to make a payment via the website and after putting bank account details, got a currently unavailable try later message. After several attempts all with the same result, I called them. The response was "you have to use chrome"! I'm almost certain I made the previous payment with safari, but it doesn't work any more. What's even worse is that there is no indication on their website that payments are browser specific.

Tried to make a payment via the website and after putting bank account details, got a currently unavailable try later message. After several attempts all with the same result, I called them. The response was "you have to use chrome"! I'm almost certain I made the previous payment with safari, but it doesn't work any more. What's even worse is that there is no indication on their website that payments are browser specific.

Thanks for solving this conundrum. I've been trying to make a payment for a few days now via Safari and encountering the same problem. Having read your post, I gave Firefox a go (on MacBook Pro) and the payment went straight through.

Like you, I also made my payment last month using Safari...

An issue with this does seem to pop up if you need to "overpay" your account.

I have just put through a $4000ish transaction on the card that is still pending. I need to use it again so went to make a payment using their website to add about $2000 to it, however it won't let me as the amount exceeds the "balance" of the account. Had to bPay it and got stung with their fee...

Cancelled this card today, I had put it into credit by a few cents as I no longer like the card - then slapped with the 95 cents charge, which put me into debit by 45 cents! Enough, called up and cancelled it pronto. Good to get rid of a credit card - currently sticking with ones with genuine value. I do not pay credit cards prior to due date so the other option was never going to work.
Hmmm ... when you put the BSB and account number in to initiate a payment it shows up on that statement as being paid that day.

What does happen is that it can take a business day or two to 1) be taken from the account you are paying from and 2) show up on the 28° website.

So you can do it on the date due, and it's considered paid (pending successful debit) even though it may take a day or three to come through.

Okay here is another ridiculous thing I have come across with the new system. I was okay with the new system of logging in to my account and making use of the 'Pay from my bank account' section (though did prefer just pay from my own internet banking). But I have only just discovered today, you can only do it once every 5 days!

28degrees.png

So right now, today, I have zero methods of paying my account in a fee free manner. How can this be legal?

So right now, today, I have zero methods of paying my account in a fee free manner. How can this be legal?
I tried this on with the call centre clowns as well, but they pointed out that you do have other ways to pay fee free - cheque, or by setting up direct debit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back