2026 F1 Thread

Elevate your business spending to first-class rewards! Sign up today with code AFF10 and process over $10,000 in business expenses within your first 30 days to unlock 10,000 Bonus PayRewards Points.
Join 30,000+ savvy business owners who:

✅ Pay suppliers who don’t accept Amex
✅ Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
✅ Earn & transfer PayRewards Points to 10+ airline & hotel partners

Start earning today!
- Pay suppliers who don’t take Amex
- Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
- Earn & Transfer PayRewards Points to 8+ top airline & hotel partners

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

The race actually starts on 1 October when we start scrambling for tickets for the Albert Park GP. And now if you want a better chance of the grandstand of your choice (going for Oscar this year for pole view) you have the option one day early to buy a membership ($750) AND then your ticket .
It gives you useless add-ons like getting into the track 30 mins early /a drink bottle and steak knives (kidding)
 
Last edited:
NOR was taken out so Zak pushed a button to lock PIA brakes and take him out...
Papaya Rules you know...

Once again Marshalls inconsistent with the Yellow Flags and Safety car rules.
 
Good luck today everyone
May we all get the tickets we wish in the presale at midday

Vamos.

🏁🏁
We missed out. I got into the Ticketek waiting room an hour early, was 550 in the queue when it opened, and seven minutes later when I got access, everything was sold. It's not to be. I think it will be cheaper/easier to go to an overseas F1 event - Spa or Monza would be good.
 
We missed out. I got into the Ticketek waiting room an hour early, was 550 in the queue when it opened, and seven minutes later when I got access, everything was sold. It's not to be. I think it will be cheaper/easier to go to an overseas F1 event - Spa or Monza would be good.
Monza was terrific. Great atmosphere.

At Spa you need good walking shoes.
 
1000017336.jpg

Very hot in Malaysia..

The usual Malaysia issues with transport. Took me 3hrs to circuit leaving hotel at 8.40 and I got it lucky compared to others.

Hopefully they are better organised for the rest of weekend (more trains and buses using contraflow lanes).

Was long queues at every step getting to circuit.

Heineken was disorganised and not ready to sell beer until halfway through P1 in my section.
 
Does anyone in Sepang watching F1?
Were you able to go back to KUL or the city smoothly after the race?
I have heard it is complete chaos there!
 
It has been chaos..
Ive left somewhat early both Friday and Sat and still 2+ hours back to city

Things improved in some ways today but got worse in others. Some very odd choices being made by those in charge (and it's not totally clear if that is BIC or SIC).

Now I attended twice in the 2010s and it was never perfect, but a lot better than this.
 
It has been chaos..
Ive left somewhat early both Friday and Sat and still 2+ hours back to city

Things improved in some ways today but got worse in others. Some very odd choices being made by those in charge (and it's not totally clear if that is BIC or SIC).

Now I attended twice in the 2010s and it was never perfect, but a lot better than this.
I hope today is better for you so you can enjoy the race
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top