2021 F1 Thread

jastel

Just finished watching the race...finally a good race.
Great to see a shoey again.

The prang was a 50/50 in my view...both pig headed and wont give way.
Dunno why stewards only blamed Max.

Quote of the day -
Bottas when asked about the crash...(while trying not to laugh)...umm, unfortunate? or
Coulthard to Ricciardo after he gives a speech in Italian to the crowd...I didnt know you spoke Italian?

Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Agree totally - surprised to wake up and see a 3 place penalty to VER. I'm sure the majority of the commentary team would also have been surprised/perplexed, especially Paul di Resta with his post race analysis.

Coulthard certainly didn't have a great range of questions/comments 😂😂

Couldn't help but laugh at Johnny Herbert giving people permission to have a day off / sleep in... channeling Bob Hawke!

snabbu

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Also just got a chance to watch this one, what a race.
Max/Lewis - neither will give an inch and they won't in the future IMO. Arguments for both sides and I'd have to agree with Paul and most of the commentary team, a racing incident. Shame Max copped the blame.

Great season so far.

snabbu

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
One of the best races and post interviews (sleep at 2am) were fantastic. Did Johnnie Herbert give us Aussies a public holiday today? Or just a leave pass to arrive at work late… :)
Surely JH is on the SkyF1 roster for comedy value? His insights always include a "sort of" clause so you can't take what he says with much value.

docjames

Qantas
Platinum
Enjoyed the 10pm start instead of 11pm
Enjoyed the race - a lot going on
Won’t post spoilers - except to say Merc had a “free stop” toward then end there whereas the leader risked losing the win if stopped and MB didn’t and it dried. Mercedes had no risk in taking the stop.

Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
The earlier start time was definitely quite friendly!

The Turkish race will be an hour later than last night, but the remainder of the season is pretty nasty on the clock!

docjames

Qantas
Platinum
Yeah it’s a shame season-long they added the hour to most races, but it’s particularly terrible times wise in the back third and really ruins what would be good viewing.

Flashback

Enthusiast
Finally an exciting Russian Grand Prix, good race to watch throughout and good to see VER end up 2nd after starting plum last due to engine penalties. Couldn't have hoped for a better result.

TheRealTMA

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Finally an exciting Russian Grand Prix, good race to watch throughout and good to see VER end up 2nd after starting plum last due to engine penalties. Couldn't have hoped for a better result.
From reports, trying to get fuel in London is much the same!

We've Increased Our Flying to 30 Destinations Across Australia. Book With Us Today. Change Your Flight, Fee-Free and As Often As You Like for Travel up to 30 Apr 22*. Contactless Check-in. Special Safety Protocols. New Cleaning Practices. Online Check-in.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Enjoyed the 10pm start instead of 11pm
Enjoyed the race - a lot going on
Won’t post spoilers - except to say Merc had a “free stop” toward then end there whereas the leader risked losing the win if stopped and MB didn’t and it dried. Mercedes had no risk in taking the stop.
There is no such thing as spoilers in this thread. Those who haven't watched the race yet and don't know that NOR went from 1st to 7th because of rain know not to read this thread. ;)

Flashback

Enthusiast
Well I was hoping that HAM wouldn't win! :D
Me too, but I'll take what we got anyway....... yesterday's flight being cancelled was a blessing in disguise, as it meant I was somewhere where I had far better connectivity so could actually watch the race!

TheRealTMA

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
There is no such thing as spoilers in this thread. Those who haven't watched the race yet and don't know that NOR went from 1st to 7th because of rain know not to read this thread. ;)
Someo of us do read newspapers you know! :)

kelvedon

Established Member
The race certainly came alive in the last 3rd. Tyre strategy made it interesting. Looks like Mercedes have regained the speed advantage and Austin has always been kind to LH.