2013 Centurion Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruiser Elite

Enthusiast
Anybody renewed recently who can give us a list of the 2013 complimentary benefits?

Any changes from 2012 that you are aware of?

Anybody renewed recently who can give us a list of the 2013 complimentary benefits?

Any changes from 2012 that you are aware of?

I haven't seen any new benefits yet. The last centurion newsletter was a joke in my opinion. All the "new" offers were announced already in September/October last year, such as the Shangri-La $500 credit.

Yes understand that - thought that someone who has just renewed or soon to do so might have asked the question what complimentary benefits going forward?

Last edited:
Here is my wishlist of new benefits:

Hotels:
SPG Platinum for Centurion, SPG Gold for Platinum
Hyatt Diamond for Centurion, Gold for Platinum
LHW Unlimited for Centurion, LHW Access for Platinum
IC Royal Ambassador for Centurion, Ambassador for Platinum
Keep Hilton Diamond for Centurion, Gold for Platinum

Airlines/Lounges:
Keep Marco Polo Diamond for Centurion, Gold for Platinum
Lufthansa Hon Circle for Centurion (never going to happen, I know :) other Star Gold maybe? )
Keep Priority Pass for Centurion and Platinum

Cars:
Keep Hertz and Avis Presidents Club/Circle
Sixt Diamond for Centurion

MR:
Transfer points 1:1 to AAdvantage
Transfer points 1:1 to Hyatt

Travel service:
FHR and flight bookings online, or at least online availability/pricing

Yes understand that - thought that someone who has just renewed or soon to do so might have asked the question what complimentary benefits going forward?

Renewed in Nov 12. Spoke to my RM, went on about the new enhancements and ongoing privileges and high level of service Centurion provides, yadda yadda. Relayed my disappointment that my $5k renewal earned 0 points as well!

Last year I actually asked RM to list complimentary benefits - I do not think it is at all unreasonable to do so.

Not unreasonable at all. I'll shoot an email when my RM returns from leave. Still hanging in to see if my MP Diamond renews end of Feb. Came to good use on my current South America trip.

exp1k - can you actually list which are current benefits/ vs wishlist.

Ah OK... Would have been willing to potentially signup for the AA benefit!

Last week I missed a call from a CX rep in BNE. She left a message (but not a return contact number) to say that she was contacting CX Diamond members who had received it as part of their Centurion status. Yesterday she called again, I missed it again, and she left a similar message. I tried calling back, twice, but the number is always engaged. I guess she's mostly outbound.

Anyway...I wonder whether this is foreshadowing a change?

Hi all.

Copying and pasting this from another thread - as I am lazy ! LOL

Hi all,

I had an interesting conversation with my Centurion RM yesterday.

For better points gathering, I am considering getting rid of my Platinum Reserve card, and changing it to a Platinum Edge. I drive a whole heap - so the additional points for fuel would be handy, plus my grocery bill is pretty high - so those points would also be great. The card would be paid in full each month - so no problems with interest etc.

Anyhow - my RM agreed that it would be a good way to go, however the Edge card is no longer a "companion" card to the Centurion. When I received my Centurion a couple of years ago - I had the choice between Reserve and Edge, and I chose Reserve - both cards were "companion" cards, and thus the fees were waived on them.

Not so now - if I want to swap from the Reserve to the Edge it will cost me $149 (i think that was the amount) per annum. No big deal - but I was a little perplexed that there was absolutely NO flexibility with this fee, considering I pay $4300 (soon to be $5000) for my Centurion card.

I dunno - seemed a bit "penny pinching" to me !

On the plus side - if I do swap over and then pay the annual fee - I will get the $10k bonus points :)

Cheers,

Brooke

I don't know whether this comes under a "Benefit" or a "Benefit Loss". I guess it could be a loss as the Platinum Edge used to be a "Companion Card" to the Centurion (along with the Platinum Reserve) and was "fee free". Now it is not - and will cost $149 per year - but you do get 10k points upon "sign up". I haven't swapped over yet from Reserve to Edge - but might try my hand at getting the fee waived AND keeping the 10k points ! Yeah.....forever the optimist I am :D

Cheers,

Brooke

Last week I missed a call from a CX rep in BNE. She left a message (but not a return contact number) to say that she was contacting CX Diamond members who had received it as part of their Centurion status. Yesterday she called again, I missed it again, and she left a similar message. I tried calling back, twice, but the number is always engaged. I guess she's mostly outbound.

Anyway...I wonder whether this is foreshadowing a change?

Hi Homer,

Just wondering if you were able to speak to the CX rep re Cent Diamond Marco Polo. I'm hoping the call is just to gain feedback and not inform that the benefit is now cancelled!

i received the call from cx marco polo early this week regarding the centurion diamond mp benefit. the rep (a man) was very friendly and said he was calling because cx wanted to understand why i wasn't using the benefit of my diamond membership. i told him that although cx may not see the additional patronage reflected in my mp account (i always credit my one world flights to my aa advantage account) that the centurion diamond benefit had resulted in cx getting at least 6 additional biz class tickets during the past year (that would have otherwise gone to sq) and that this benefit was the *only* centurion benefit that i really valued. i asked him if he considered it an issue for cx that i was crediting my mileage to my aa account (as opposed to my mp account) and he assured me it wasn't and that cx was interested in the additional flights the benefit had generated. we discussed those in more detail and he seemed sincere when he assured me (again) that it didn't matter that i was crediting them to aa.

i'm uncertain of what to make of the call. clearly cx are evaluating the benefit to themselves of having the diamond status for us so it appeared to me they are looking for feedback whether to continue it. as i was late for another meeting, i did not have time to ask if they were going to extend or curtail the benefit. perhaps someone else can when they speak with them.

in the interest of the continuation of this benefit, i would recommend that whoever else on the board speaks to cx, stress the additional times you have flown cx (as opposed to sq) for your asian travel specifically because they have given us diamond mp membership as this seemed to be their concern.

Here is my wishlist of new benefits:

Travel service:
FHR and flight bookings online, or at least online availability/pricing

You'll be happy to know that as part of Amex rebranding their online travel service americanexpress.com.au/travel you'll find that if you login (or navigate to this page while you're logged into your account) you'll be able to see pricing and book FHR hotels.

Search for your destination etc and the FHR properties are usually first. They won't show the price right away though - you need to click on the hotel and then you'll see room options etc...

You'll be happy to know that as part of Amex rebranding their online travel service americanexpress.com.au/travel you'll find that if you login (or navigate to this page while you're logged into your account) you'll be able to see pricing and book FHR hotels.

Search for your destination etc and the FHR properties are usually first. They won't show the price right away though - you need to click on the hotel and then you'll see room options etc...

You can book hotels (including FHR hotels), but you cannot book FHR rates. Or am I missing something?

i received the call from cx marco polo early this week regarding the centurion diamond mp benefit. the rep (a man) was very friendly and said he was calling because cx wanted to understand why i wasn't using the benefit of my diamond membership. i told him that although cx may not see the additional patronage reflected in my mp account (i always credit my one world flights to my aa advantage account) that the centurion diamond benefit had resulted in cx getting at least 6 additional biz class tickets during the past year (that would have otherwise gone to sq) and that this benefit was the *only* centurion benefit that i really valued. i asked him if he considered it an issue for cx that i was crediting my mileage to my aa account (as opposed to my mp account) and he assured me it wasn't and that cx was interested in the additional flights the benefit had generated. we discussed those in more detail and he seemed sincere when he assured me (again) that it didn't matter that i was crediting them to aa.

i'm uncertain of what to make of the call. clearly cx are evaluating the benefit to themselves of having the diamond status for us so it appeared to me they are looking for feedback whether to continue it. as i was late for another meeting, i did not have time to ask if they were going to extend or curtail the benefit. perhaps someone else can when they speak with them.

in the interest of the continuation of this benefit, i would recommend that whoever else on the board speaks to cx, stress the additional times you have flown cx (as opposed to sq) for your asian travel specifically because they have given us diamond mp membership as this seemed to be their concern.

Thanks for the response alemdohorizonte. I guess the positive note I take from your conversation is that there is no mention of ceasing the CX MPC Diamond benefit. I wonder if they are attempting to get around to calling all Centurion customers or if was absolutely random.

Out of interest, have you held the MPC Diamond Card for more than a year... i.e. did your benefit automatically renew?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back