17500 Points and waived first year fee deal on again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovetravellingoz

Enthusiast
Its on again....

Frequent Flyer - Earning Points - Qantas American Express Card

Accelerate take-off with up to 17,500 Qantas Frequent Flyer points*
Pay no annual Card fee in the first year.
img_amex_ccfrost.gif
Apply for the Qantas American Express Premium Card before 30 November 2007, be approved and you could receive up to 17,500 points. Here's how:
  • 5,000 points after your first Card spend.
  • 2,500 points after your first Card spend in Australia on selected Qantas services.+
  • 10,000^ additional points when you spend $500 on purchases on your Card before 31 December 2007.
You also receive an ongoing earn rate of 1.25 points for every dollar you spend, every day and 2.25 points for every dollar spent in Australia on selected Qantas services.+
Apply now to take advantage of this limited offer.
Other key Premium Card features and benefits

• No caps on the number of points you can earn.
  • Travel Insurance# when you purchase travel on your Card.
  • Two Qantas Club invitations~ after your first Card spend every year in Australia on selected Qantas services.+
  • Annual Card fee of $195 (waived for the first year).
  • Current interest rate of 18.49% pa.0
  • Up to 55 days interest free on purchases.**
  • Online Services where you can access your account online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • Emergency Card Replacement anywhere in the world usually within 24 hours.++
10,000 points offer only available to new customers who apply and are approved for the Qantas American Express Premium Card via this online page ONLY. Applications must be received by 30 November 2007. To be eligible for the 10,000 points you need to apply for the Qantas American Express Premium Card via this online application, be approved for the Card and spend A$500 in purchases on your new Card before 31 December 2007. Allow 6-8 weeks after you have spent A$500 for points to be credited to your account.

I wonder if they'll cotton onto the fact that I did this last year and cancelled.

I guess there's no harm in trying.

Cheers for the heads up.

A week ago I cancelled the exact same card with the same promotion a year ago. I also applied and recieved the ultimate card with its 17,500 points about a month ago. Do you think its worthwhile applying for this one, and if they will actually accept the application ? :)
I'm a bit fed up with them at the moment, because they tried to pull their usual stunt of charging me the yearly fee when it was actually waived in the offer and claimed that I signed up under a different offer.

rezok said:
I wonder if they'll cotton onto the fact that I did this last year and cancelled.

I guess there's no harm in trying.

Cheers for the heads up.

PlutekPlutek said:
A week ago I cancelled the exact same card with the same promotion a year ago. I also applied and recieved the ultimate card with its 17,500 points about a month ago. Do you think its worthwhile applying for this one, and if they will actually accept the application ? :)
I'm a bit fed up with them at the moment, because they tried to pull their usual stunt of charging me the yearly fee when it was actually waived in the offer and claimed that I signed up under a different offer.
This is starting to sound like a common, almost deliberate, ploy by AMEX.

I got the card last year on the offer, and cancelled in July. I have reapplied for this again, so I will let you know how I go.

straitman said:
This is starting to sound like a common, almost deliberate, ploy by AMEX.

I'm more inclined to believe it is more that it is just that their systems are just not up to it.

When I cancelled my card (recently - not paying annual fees for such cr*p*) I was advised that I'd have 6 months to reactivate it. On this premise I'm guessing you'd need to wait 6 months to apply for an offer. Sound reasonable?

Last edited:
2 weeks ago I received a mail out offer for AMEX Ultimate card offering 30000 points, waive first year fee. Letter was signed by Qantas and Amex execs.:D

I ordered my card on-line on 4 November and it arrived today!

Will meet all requirements for the 17,500 points.

Looking forward to saving the 2 x QC passes for a long layover after my AA Platinum membership expires in Feb 2008 :( .

A question for anyone who has received their 2 free QC passes. How lond to they stay vaild for? I have read on other posts that they do have an expiry date.

Only took a week for me to get this deal from signing up to having the card in my hand - not too bad.

Immediately put a SYD-ADL-SYD flight on at $358, so am near the $500 threshold for spending already.

I would have preferred to have the 40000 point $395 annual fee with the free domestic flight and 1.5 points/$ deal with the ultimate card, but I'm not in a situation where such an offer was made to me. :(

I got an offer for the Premium Card in the post a week or so ago, an offer for 27500ff points for 1st spend plus 2500ff points for 1st spend on QF and no annual fee for 1st year...... I will take up this offer towards the latter stages of this month as I will be moving my Gold Card across..... for the time being, I'm using the GC to maximise the 10 bonus points promotion =) so far, earnt close to 80k in mr points in 2 weeks of spending = 80k ff points!

paulcut said:
A question for anyone who has received their 2 free QC passes. How lond to they stay vaild for? I have read on other posts that they do have an expiry date.

12 months.........

lovetravellingoz said:
12 months.........

If you ever get them, i still haven't received mine from Feb and have spent money on Qantas. Called them up and they say they are sending them. Now i am dumping this card for the Reward Maximiser.

nowork said:
Called them up and they say they are sending them.

I hate the way banks do this. ANZ have done similar things to me in overcharging me on a Visa Debit card I have.

When I rang to get my $70 in fees refunded, the woman said it was a computer problem and it had happened to lots of people so they would refund it immediately.

I wonder what happens to the 60% of people that never even check their statement. Wanna bet they get the fees refunded? :evil:

bambbbam2 said:
I wonder what happens to the 60% of people that never even check their statement. Wanna bet they get the fees refunded? :evil:

It does happen. I have had a cheque before for an error in a fees charge. They had to send a cheque as the account was closed (and I didn't even notice the error)

Has anyone received their QC passes and not really have a use for them? I'm looking for a couple of QC invites to get some extra guests into QP on upcoming trip. If anyone would like to swap them for a few cinema passes or even some La Premiere passes please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back