Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

15% off duty free

Status
Not open for further replies.

markis10

Veteran Member
Latest Qantas Holidays email has a nice little kicker:

JohnK

Veteran Member
Hmmm interesting. The last Qantas Holidays email I received was 23 July and this offer was not in there....

Chucksta

Can I just print the voucher and use it?

Or is it a unique barcode for the recipient of the email?

thanks

Chucksta

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

simongr

Enthusiast
Given it is one voucher per person per transaction they must be fairly generic.

I will certainly be using this this when I come back from the next DONE - SOB ;)

markis10

Veteran Member
Sydney are now giving you $10 off your order when you order at least $100 online - the two cannot be combined do I would use the voucher above first!

SYD Duty Free Discount

Last edited:

simongr

Enthusiast
Thanks for bumping this - I had completely forgotten - will print this when I am in the US to remind me to use on entry to Oz :)

JohnK

Veteran Member
And I totally forgot about it when returning earlier this month. :rolleyes:

acampbel

I took advantage of the pre-pay system last week and it seemed a good deal.

On Sunday the 9th I found myself at the airport particularly early (over 2 hours before departure) due to the APEC scare campaign. From the taxi to the x-ray machines took a record 10 minutes, so rather than rush up to the QC I decided to buy myself a heart-starter to consume on those lonely Singapore nights.

As I was buying my bottle of schnapps (with free beanie!) the check-out-chick starts trying to up-sell me on the pre-purchase of duty free on the way back in. I was going to give her the brush off but she started waving these $20 off vouchers in front of me. After some sober consideration (this was pre-QC if you remember), I grabbed a basket and lifted 2 bottles of liquer, some perfume and some night-cream (all for the missus). The booze was already discounted to 2 for $59 so I got $40 off the other 2 items and they took it away and kept it for me.

So when I staggered off the awful overnighter from Singapore last Saturday I skipped the scrum at the duty-free queues and picked up my bag of goodies from left loot. Even with the queue up to be x-rayed on the way out I was home by 6am, so I may have found a way to make Sydney Int. bearable.

Cheers,

Andrew

simongr

Enthusiast
The duty free express immigration lane is a godsend - especially to us non-citizens :)

JohnK

Veteran Member
Too true, even if you just buy a box of chocolates.

When I returned earlier this month, if you don't include the foreigner who sneaked into the duty free queue in front of me without buying duty free, it took less than 1 minute to clear customs whilst every other queue had at least 6-7 people and queues getting longer as the masses started to arrive.

kpc

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
What's wrong with "browsing" the DF store, deciding you did not want anything, than exiting via the DF immigration queue?;):idea:

simongr

Enthusiast
There is always a need for a bottle of Bombay Sapphire and a Bottle of Moet or Dom ;)

JohnK

Veteran Member
kpc said:
What's wrong with "browsing" the DF store, deciding you did not want anything, than exiting via the DF immigration queue?;):idea:
Nothing I guess but this guy just came across in front of me from one of the other queues.

ethernet

Solutions
Who has the cheapest duty free Drambuie nowadays (Of SYD,SIN,SGN,KUL,BKK)?
What alternative exist (avoiding airport sheeple monopolies)
Duty free seems a huge ripp off, where discount is likely to be only around 30%n - I remember pre liquid fiasco, it was closer to 40-50% off,
BKK is useless, allegations of concession bribes.
SYD is useless, unless it is on sale, usually Vodka, same for Cairns.
The 15% voucher only confirms that they charge 15% too much most of the time.

simongr

Enthusiast
simongr said:
The duty free express immigration lane is a godsend - especially to us non-citizens :)

Printed the DF voucher in the HKG QP and couldnt find it when I deplaned later...

Status
Not open for further replies.