$15-20K annual spend: worth getting a QFF card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selvfolgelig

Hi

I currently put approximately $12-15K per annum through my credit card (the Wizard Mastercard with no annual fee and no reward scheme). If I had an incentive to use the credit card more often (eg reward scheme), I would probably put $15-20K per annum through the card.

Given my low credit card usage, is it worth me paying an annual fee for a credit card with a QFF (or some other) rewards scheme?

If so, can anyone recommend any cards in particular that might be worth looking into?

A huge thank you in advance.

Hi
A bit like you we went through this decision about 3 months ago.
By going through Woolies got the Qantas FF free (saved $82.50) Shopping at Woolies and associates has brought in 2400 points - 800 a month
Paying with Amex platinum gets 1.5 points per dollar plus went to a favourite restaurant and it was a qantas partner and got 3 points a $ from Qantas and 1.5 from Amex.

In 3 months have over 22000 points - had a couple of bonus for starting using card - so will get approx 70000+ points per year and expect to put minimum 25K through card in 12 months. Will get points from Xmas interstate flights too.

We dont do much travel but will get a free trip on the Amex card interstate plus be able to use on upgrades in future. We are happy as havent had do anything special and are getting FF points. (plus get free flight and travel insurance but is annual fee of $450 but works for us)

Col D

Last edited:
Hi

I currently put approximately $12-15K per annum through my credit card (the Wizard Mastercard with no annual fee and no reward scheme). If I had an incentive to use the credit card more often (eg reward scheme), I would probably put $15-20K per annum through the card.

Given my low credit card usage, is it worth me paying an annual fee for a credit card with a QFF (or some other) rewards scheme?

If so, can anyone recommend any cards in particular that might be worth looking into?

A huge thank you in advance.

Hi Selvfolgelig and welcome to AFF.

A few things first, do you pay the balance off monthly or do you carry over a balance?

If you pay in full monthly you might look at an AMEX charge card where you can earn 1.5 points per $ or more.

ejb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back