100K Bonus Amex Ultimate vs Westpac Altitude Black Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GladstoneTim

Hi all,
Just wondering what the considered opinion of so many wise ones would be as to which offer to take up.

Amex have the lower spend but more limited acceptance around the place. Westpac more readily accepted, especially for your typical everyday type of family. Annual fees are pretty similar.

Anything that should push me one way or another?

IMO you should have more than one, just holding an Amex is limiting due to acceptance as you mentioned, but Amex has a better earn. The Westpac card combo (or ANZ, NAB etc) is good if you want to stick to one application.

the direct Amex cards offset their annual fee with flights or travel credits - the banks by a reduced or no fee for the first year.

If you and another family member are both going to hold cards referring each other is lucrative.

The amex comes with a free flight! If you are eligible, that would be my first application (grab a link from the referral thread to get an extra 10k points and gift someone else referral points). My second choice would the the ANZ black QF which currently has first year annual fee waived, then the Westpac. As steady mentioned, having a visa or MC is good for smaller shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back