10-25% Bonus for Transferring Amex Membership Rewards points to selected Airlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamchatsky

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
Transfers to the following airlines between dates below and get the following bonus:

Virgin Blue Velocity: 25% bonus: 1 May - 30 June 2010
Singapore Krisflyer: 10% bonus: 1 May - 30 June 2010
Virgin Atlantic Flying Club: 10% bonus: 1 May - 30 June 2010
Thai Royal Orchid Plus: 10% bonus: 1 - 31 May 2010
Malaysia Enrich: 10% Bonus: 1 - 31 May 2010

Source: My Membership Rewards brochure sent today.

mmm 10% extra to SQ.

A nice little extra bonus.

Just have to calculate how many points I might redeem (safely, so minus a bit of a margin) with SQ over the next 3 years.

A nice quick 100/150 K for me ;)

Balancing that with extra risk for transfers is the shrinking number of J Saver routes.

Though it does mean that *A via SQ is also effectively reduced by 10%. So say 150k *A MEL to Paris is now say only 135K :)

mmm 10% extra to SQ.

A nice little extra bonus.

Just have to calculate how many points I might redeem (safely, so minus a bit of a margin) with SQ over the next 3 years.

A nice quick 100/150 K for me ;)

Balancing that with extra risk for transfers is the shrinking number of J Saver routes.

Though it does mean that *A via SQ is also effectively reduced by 10%. So say 150k *A MEL to Paris is now say only 135K :)

Transferring 1-1.5 million points huh ;) You are a millionaire! :mrgreen:

Damn - wish Qantas was on that list!
Me too but I can't transfer from Membership Rewards to Qantas anyway.

Qantas now actually works out cheaper to where I want to go with Any Seat awards. :(

Also listed here:

https://catalogue.membershiprewards...travel_rewards_and_accessories&newSearch=true

getCatalogImage.mtw

getCatalogImage.mtw

getCatalogImage.mtw

getCatalogImage.mtw

getCatalogImage.mtw

Not sure what the "2,500 Bonus Miles" for Thai means...

From memory Amex has these bonuses reasonably frequently.

For long-time Amex Card Holders is it typically every year and at about this level?

Note: I know that Virgin has has many transfer promos at higher rates...but from whatI have seen of their program that is no inducement.

Last edited:
I don't recall them having a bonus for SQ, TG, or MH before.

Great timing. Transferring my points from Citibank Platinum to Velocity (I haven't signed up to direct sweep) even gets me close to point for point with the 25% bonus.

Virgin Atlantic bonus has been higher in the past.

Does anyone who transfers points for the bonus then rely on the Amex travel insurance? Because I seem to recall the points had to be transferred close to redemption date for the tickets, for the travel insurance to be activated?

Phoned Amex MR today who advised that the bonus offer only applies to invited cardmembers.

Doesn't seem correct to me as the offers all show up against my logged in MR account when I go transfer points.

Have done a small transfer to test and see if the bonus comes through.

I wouldn't trust the Amex MR phone reps to have the right knowledge on any Amex promo, especially after the 2008 fiasco.

Qantas now actually works out cheaper to where I want to go with Any Seat awards. :(
Hi, I am always keen to learn.

Are these particular Qantas Routes?

I only ask as when I have had a look at AnySeat it has been more expensive than Classic.

I wouldn't trust the Amex MR phone reps to have the right knowledge on any Amex promo, especially after the 2008 fiasco.

yeah read all about that one :) and i know first hand the quality of the staff that they tend to end up with.

i note when i did the transfer there was no indication that bonus points would be applied but this may mean that it is being done manually in the back-end

the offers all show up against my logged in MR account when I go transfer points.

Have done a small transfer to test and see if the bonus comes through.

The offers show up online when I go to transfer the points as well.

Like you I have done a test run .

Given that the screen is quite clear on the Bonus I would believe that Amex would need to honour the bonus.

Last edited:
Ok Update

When I arrived home my Membership Rewards Catalogue was waiting in the mail.
This is the one they send out from time to time, though obviously has all new offers.

So if you can see the Bonus Offers when you select Transfer Points in your on-line account I would imagine that you will receive them.

I would strongly suspect that this offer is for everyone.

Thai

The 2500 bonus (in addition to the 10%) is for MR members who join up with Thai. The extra 2500 is awarded on your first Thai flight.

This overall isn't a bad deal. Even the much maligned "Standard" business awards on SQ on the 77W & A380 don't seem to bad.... especially given the wide open availability. Equates to 232,818 MR pts for return in J to Europe (cf QFF 256K)... of course on older products only 116,414...

Hi, I am always keen to learn.

Are these particular Qantas Routes?

I only ask as when I have had a look at AnySeat it has been more expensive than Classic.
I thought I had posted the details on another thread. Has my post disappeared or was I dreaming? :confused:

Yes this was a Qantas route but taking into consideration that I was Platinum and earning QFF points and SCs for the Any Seat Award as opposed to transferring Amex MR points to Kris Flyer and using the 15% online booking bonus and the current 10% bonus as well. I will try find details and post later.

One point to note is that QF Any Seat Awards can be as low as the same QFF points required for a Classic Award as long as you choose the minimum number of QFF points for the Any Seat Award. Usually the taxes and surcharges work out the same.

Transfer Info
Program PointsPartner / PointsConversion Rate
Singapore Air Point Transfer

10,000 / 11,000

Ok, I tried transferring points for several days and it kept crashing. Tried again tonight and it went through with confirmation of the extra 10% of points.

Also on the earlier screen its stats now that 10 MR points = 11 SQ Points.

I keep getting an error when I try to transfer. Has anyone successfully made the transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back