1:1 QFF Points on Credit Cards: Any out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akumaslair

Ive noticed over the past few months, some/most/all of the credit cards are increasing their $/QFF points ratio. I am with CBA and maybe able to get a gold, is there any card that does 1:1 ratio, or even 1.5:1 permanently. Now, getting that trip you wanted seems a whole lot harder!!!!

Input appreciated!

American Express gives 1:1. My Amex is a CPA co-branded card which gives 1.5 points after spending $5000.00 a year (which is easy).
CBA Platinum gives 1:1. I believe all Citibank cards give 1:1. Diners, I believe, gives 1:1.

:p The Woolworths EzyBanking Mastercard gives automatic free membeship of EzyRewards, which still does a 1:1 transfer to QF. The card only costs about $40 per year. This seems the best deal around.

If you take up a Westpac Altitude Gold Visa or Mastercard, you qualify for an add-on Westpac co-branded Amex Credit Card which shares the same statement, and the Amex earns double points which transfer at 0.5:1, so in effect you finish up with 1:1. It will cost you about $90/y for the Gold Card and $45/y for the add-on Amex card though.

Baysider said:
:p The Woolworths EzyBanking Mastercard gives automatic free membeship of EzyRewards, which still does a 1:1 transfer to QF. The card only costs about $40 per year. This seems the best deal around.

If you take up a Westpac Altitude Gold Visa or Mastercard, you qualify for an add-on Westpac co-branded Amex Credit Card which shares the same statement, and the Amex earns double points which transfer at 0.5:1, so in effect you finish up with 1:1. It will cost you about $90/y for the Gold Card and $45/y for the add-on Amex card though.

Hi

I have the Commonwealth Bank Gold Mastercard but am switching to the Woolworths/Safeway Ezyrewards Mastercard thsimonth. It is a good deal.

I reckon the Commonwealth Bank will lose a lot of its credit card customers in the next month or so.

cheers Peter

Commonwealth Bank ... it's not too late for 1 to 1 points

Commbank changed it's credit card program as of yesterday - 1st July, so that it take 2 CBA True Award points to get 1 QFF point. It was a 1 for 1 deal up until then.

I don't know how they got away with it when NAB tried the same thing a few years ago the ACCC stopped them straight away.

Anyway, I found out that Commbank will still exchange points 1 for 1 at least for a litlle while longer - maybe only a few days. You just have to call them and complain that they didn't provide enough warning which is true they didn't.

I don't know how long it will last but if you have Commbank True Awards points and you want frequent flyer points better exchange them quick before the Commonwealth cuts your points in half.

M

D&M, enough already!
Welcome to the board but three posts on the same subject with the same content means I got the message. :roll:
Cheers

redrat, actually there's 4 posts of the same information (a couple of them being new topics) made by D&M - three too many :roll: . Whilst they are an eager little beaver to let everybody know (and get their post count up!), I'm sure that everybody with an ounce of commonsense has already transferred whatever points they have in CBA out to QFF already to preserve the points status. (sorry d00t, present company excluded because you probably don't have enough to create a transfer!)

Although we'll have to give D&M some leeway as theyare a brand new member, little do they know that everybody will see the new posts or topics since they last signed in. But they know now....

Mmm, yes I did eventually see the fourth post but after editing two of my other posts I just accepted that it was everywhere. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back