Not open for further replies.

mike91

Any comments on WSQ vs Altitude Black

- Alt black has higher annual but better conversion for for mastercard
- WSQ has 3 year expiry when Alt Black can store points
- Will not be using international transactions
- Hoping to maximise krisflyer rewards.
- Turnaround is about $2k to $2.5k a month
- Hoping to travel once a year to asia (usually korea): probably buy economy and then upgrade through points?

Any thoughts?

I went through this process myself this week and decided to go Alt Black.

The higher points earn on MC/Visa is IMO negligible (~3,750 pts pa at your spend, assuming you put 100% through MC/Visa, which you won't if you're maximizing Amex spend), so it comes down to the question of whether it is worth $145 pa to you to not have to worry about the 3 year expiry and have the ability to transfer to VA and other schemes.

For me, the ability to transfer to VA and avoiding getting another VA card & annual fee won me over, but if you have no interest in VA or other airlines and you're going to be flying o/s on SQ most years, then the extra $$ doesn't seem worth it, so maybe go WSQ. You can book VA flights with KF points (apparently - I am only starting with KF myself) as well if you want to burn domestically.

mike I have both sets of the Westpac Cards - Black is just BETTER at this point in time. Only advantage WSQ has is 3pts/$1 spent on SQ purchases for o/b flts from Aus. Decision is yours my friend - YOU are the only one who can determine which is best for YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back