Yeah, OK a bit of a whinge and a laugh.... Qantas Money card. | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Yeah, OK a bit of a whinge and a laugh.... Qantas Money card.

mrsterryn

AFF Supporter
I use my Coles card .
I checked a recent purchase against XEs rate and it was almost spot on to the dollar
There are no conversion fees at all
Admittedly this isn't a Qantas one but I use it an usually over about 12-18 months have about 1000$ worth of points .
This isn't the main card of the household . Husband Qantas card is but my Coles is a great backup

Jacques Vert

AFF Supporter
I use my Coles card .
I checked a recent purchase against XEs rate and it was almost spot on to the dollar
There are no conversion fees at all
Admittedly this isn't a Qantas one but I use it an usually over about 12-18 months have about 1000$ worth of points .
This isn't the main card of the household . Husband Qantas card is but my Coles is a great backup
I also now use the Coles Platinum MasterCard when overseas. Good fx rates, earns Fly Buys>VA>SQ.

Gives me ~0.65 KrisFlyer per $ spent if I wait for a bonus transfer offer from VA.

cgichard

I loaded my Qantas Money card with Euros more than a year ago when the exchange rate was much better. I must have used up most of my balance on my just completed trip, but have been blocked & have no way of accessing the website to see how much is left. I'll just keep using it on the next trip until a purchase fails to go through.

I've been wondering about an alternative card. I did try for the ANZ Travel Card a while ago but it required a mobile phone number, which I don't have. I'll probably fall back on my ING VISA debit card which refunds all charges. Have used it so far only for online purchases, not when actually overseas, although reports are good.

cgichard

Check out Transferwise. See the other thread.
Thanks. I hadn't realized it was now available to Australian residents. I await feedback on the launch. However, as I don't receive US or GBP funds, perhaps using my existing ING debit card will suffice for me.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aakash35