WOW Qantas Platinum Credit Card 40,000 sign on - $99 first year 1:1 to $2500 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

get me outta here

Qantas
LT Silver
[FONT=&amp]https://cards.woolworths.com.au/credit-cards/qantas-platinum-credit-card-30000-points.html

It has quite a few other features for Woolies too, check out the link.

Woolworths Qantas Platinum Credit Card
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Features

• BONUS 40,000 QANTAS POINTS3 when you apply by 31 January 2017 and make an eligible purchase by 28 February 2017.
  • 0% P.A BALANCE TRANSFERS FOR 14 MONTHS from card approval22. Apply by 31 January 2017 (reverts to the variable cash advance rate)
  • UP TO 55 DAYS INTEREST FREE ON ELIGIBLE PURCHASES19 When you pay your total outstanding closing balance (excluding Interest Free Finance Balances in the promotional period) in full by the due date each month.
  • RELAX WITH CHIP SECURITY The microchip in your card provides enhanced security so you’re better protected against unauthorised use of your card.
  • VISA ZERO LIABILITY POLICY20 You won’t be held responsible for fraudulent charges or unauthorised purchases made with your card or account information.
  • WAVE AND GO For transactions under $100, just wave your Visa payWave-enabled card in front of a Visa payWave reader and go – there’s no need for a PIN.

[/FONT]

40,000 points for under $100 is a pretty good deal. Unfortunately for me its another Macquarie issued card and I've never been successful when applying to them for any of their products. I much preferred it when the Woolworths card was backed by HSBC.

Not bad. Is it just me or is there no minimum spend to get the points?

3. 40,000 Qantas Points offer is available to new primary cardholders who apply for a Woolworths Money Qantas Platinum Credit Card between 12:01am AEST 30 September 2016 and 11:59pm AEDT 31 January 2017, are approved and make an eligible purchase on their Woolworths Money Qantas Platinum Credit Card by 11:59pm AEDT 28 February 2017. The 40,000 Qantas Points will be allocated to your Qantas Frequent Flyer Account within 8 weeks of the eligible purchase, provided you are not in breach of the Conditions of Use and your account remains open. Eligible purchases exclude balance transfers, cash advances, cash substitutes and transactions for gambling purposes.​

No there is no minimum spend, just need to make an eligible purchase on the card by 28th of Feb to qualify for the sign on bonus. From the website "[FONT=&quot] Eligible purchases exclude balance transfers, cash advances, cash substitutes and transactions for gambling purposes.​"
[/FONT]

Some exclusions rather than how much needs to be spent. It raises the question, at what point do you get the bonus? Better write down the list of exclusions.

[FONT=&amp]*Woolworths Rewards is not available in Tasmania. No points will be earned on smoking products, gift cards, mobile recharge, Woolworths Mobile, travel cards and tickets, delivery charges, internet cafes, Carpet Care, lottery products, Woolworths Flowers and purchases using Caltex Starcard. # Excludes Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets with a Star Mart or Star Shop. ~Eligible Shop means a transaction in which you spend at least $10 (excluding any money spent on smoking products, gift cards, mobile recharge, Woolworths Mobile, travel cards and tickets, delivery charges, internet cafes, Carpet Care, Woolworths Flowers and lottery products) in Woolworths supermarkets, Woolworths Online or BWS (in all cases excluding Tasmania).[/FONT]

And, refers to the T&Cs https://cards.woolworths.com.au/con..._Program.pdf#par_content_container_1353538501

I could not find this either.

What about the ATO??

Applied for the card for Mrs Lawrage, application conditionally approved.

A week later got a text saying all approved subject to income verification and asking for 1 most recent payslip (even though this was attached as part of the application). Emailed this through again.

Next day get a call from WOW saying they called the employer and the employer would not give them any information so need to speak to Payroll to get them to call up and give the required info.

Not sure if this is common practice but this is the 8th CC in the past 2 months between the two of us and this is the first time a call to payroll has happened, got a sour taste and told Mrs to call them up and cancel the application.

Needless to say their system was down and told to call back in 30 minutes.

Depending on your grocery shopping, 10% off the first weekend in store shop per month will probably earn you the annual fee back. Even if you normally use 5% WISH gift cards...

5. 10% discount offer applies to existing Woolworths Credit Card holders who make a purchase at any Woolworths supermarket from 12:01am (AEST) on the selected Saturday of each month until 11:59pm (AEST) on the Sunday of the selected weekend each month. Cardholders must not be in breach of the credit card Conditions of Use to be eligible for this offer. Offer is limited to one transaction per customer, up to value of $500 in a single transaction. Offer is available in store only and excludes Woolworths Online. To receive the 10% discount, cardholders must scan the barcode on the back of the credit card and pay for their purchase with their Woolworths Credit Card at the time of the purchase. The offer excludes purchases of liquor, smoking/tobacco products, newspapers, accessories, gift cards and purchases made from Woolworths Online at woolworths.com.au. This offer is not available in Tasmania. Woolworths reserves the right to cancel or amend this offer at any time without notice. Woolworths is responsible for all representations made regarding this offer.

What about the ATO??

Excluded for ATO earn:
https://cards.woolworths.com.au/con...4 Woolwths_Rewards QANTAS T&Cs_v6 - FINAL.pdf

Are there situations where we will not award Qantas Points?
Qantas Points are not earned in respect of the following amounts
that may be charged to your Account:

GST and government charges (including fines paid to any
government agency)

payments made to the Australian Tax Office

No point for internet cafes? What a random and strange exclusion. Any idea why?

[FONT=&amp] ~Eligible Shop means a transaction in which you spend at least $10 (excluding any money spent on smoking products, gift cards, mobile recharge, Woolworths Mobile, travel cards and tickets, delivery charges, internet cafes, Carpet Care, Woolworths Flowers and lottery products) in Woolworths supermarkets, Woolworths Online or BWS (in all cases excluding Tasmania).[/FONT]

Aside from the above quote, I can't see anything in any terms and conditions anywhere which appears to indicate that an eligible purchase is ONLY in Woolies supermarkets, but the above seems to imply that eligible purchase is only in a Woolies (inc Online and BWS).

Can anyone verify definitively? I do all my groceries at Coles - just more convenient for me. But if it means a once-off shop needs to be done in Woolies, so be it.

Or am I reading it wrong - is there a distinction between an Eligible Shop to meet the criteria for QFF 40,000 points, and an Eligible Shop for Woolworths Rewards points earn? Separate things?

No point for internet cafes? What a random and strange exclusion. Any idea why?

They're mostly exclusions of special services they operate, often as a concession.

They do/had? have an internet café at at least one store. Given its nature it may well be externally operated as well, so excluded like the other concessions e.g. travel cards and carpet care.

I have this card but want to cancel and reapply for the bonus points. Can anyone see in the terms I would be excluded? I can't..

I have this card but want to cancel and reapply for the bonus points. Can anyone see in the terms I would be excluded? I can't..

Nothing in the T and C's, and I'm thinking of the same.....but with Macquarie there's no guarantee they'd approve you if you'd recently cancelled...have had varying experiences with them

Go for it. I've done a macquarie offering twice with the same cycle.

Applied for the card for Mrs Lawrage, application conditionally approved.

A week later got a text saying all approved subject to income verification and asking for 1 most recent payslip (even though this was attached as part of the application). Emailed this through again.

Next day get a call from WOW saying they called the employer and the employer would not give them any information so need to speak to Payroll to get them to call up and give the required info.

Not sure if this is common practice but this is the 8th CC in the past 2 months between the two of us and this is the first time a call to payroll has happened, got a sour taste and told Mrs to call them up and cancel the application.

Needless to say their system was down and told to call back in 30 minutes.

I was considering applying, purely because of the 1 point/$ on the first $2500. I use my AMEX everywhere but when I can't I'm only earning 0.5/$ :(

That said, your experience makes me think it would be too much of a headache for me.

Go for it. I've done a macquarie offering twice with the same cycle.

Yes,that's not my concern - getting reaporoved is.
I did the same thing with Jestar card a while back and they rejected my new application after my cancellation
Macquarie and I do not have a happy points harvesting history, unfortunately

I've just applied for this for myself and partner - 80k for $200 is too good to turn down. This will tied me over whilst I wait for my 12 month exclusion with ANZ expires in mid Feb so I can take advantage of their fee free offer of 75k. Given that the bonus points are earned on this card after first eligible purchase it makes it quite attractive to churn.

Application easy, approval for both cards a breeze so far. I will update with detail of ease of points crediting as and when.

I rang Woolies to cancel this card (got the points etc so no need for card any more).
They pleaded with me to stay & offered to refund the $99 fee.

So yeah, I'll take $99 thanks and cancel the card in a month or two!

I've just applied for this for myself and partner - 80k for $200 is too good to turn down. This will tied me over whilst I wait for my 12 month exclusion with ANZ expires in mid Feb so I can take advantage of their fee free offer of 75k. Given that the bonus points are earned on this card after first eligible purchase it makes it quite attractive to churn.

Application easy, approval for both cards a breeze so far. I will update with detail of ease of points crediting as and when.

Update - both cards approved with no difficulty. Cards arrived 10 days ago, made a single transaction on each immediately - result? 40k points in each of our accounts within 7 days.

Excellent result on this one for me 80k points for $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back