Worth to get Amex Velocity Platinum Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonfungsing

Thinking of switch my Explorer card to Velocity Platinum Card, as I got the Platinum Charge card, the explorer seems useless apart from the $400 annual travel credit.

The benefits for the Velocity Platinum Card for me is more around
- Free domestic return flight
- Extra points on Virgin tickets
- 100 SC if spend over $50k per annual.

Any suggestions I should switch, or stay with Explorer, or just cancel explorer.

It depends on you. If you only want VFF points and benefits it's a competitive card post points reduction. Explorer will let you transfer to many more partners.
yea, I got PC card, can transfer to more partner than Explorer. VA points looks good to me compare to Q, for SQ or CX, I can use my PC card to transfer to.

If you already have a Platinum Charge I wouldn't bother getting this. With the VFF 15%-25% bonus offers you'll get more from the PC on regular spend and you're better off getting a bank card for the bonus points. This would only be worth if you need the status credits or can find a sweet spot for the 'free' flight.

This card is much more compelling if you're new to Amex and can get the 100k sign up bonus.

If you already have a Platinum Charge I wouldn't bother getting this. With the VFF 15%-25% bonus offers you'll get more from the PC on regular spend and you're better off getting a bank card for the bonus points. This would only be worth if you need the status credits or can find a sweet spot for the 'free' flight.

This card is much more compelling if you're new to Amex and can get the 100k sign up bonus.
That's true.

The ultimate solution for me I guess is:
- Keep PC for daily spend
- Chur bank card for bonus points.

For the "free" flight, ANZ travel advantage maybe better

Sounds like a better plan. I recently got the Travel Adventure when it had a 80k VFF bonus and booked a return flight Sydney to Perth, it's a great little card that's worth holding if you can use the free flight. But as ever, unless you're putting 7 figures per year through a card, churning is generally a better friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back