Worst shop small ever?

Amex is becoming completely irrelevant in Aus.

I really only keep the card now for travel (in event one of my other ones gets compromised).

Yeah wouldn't waste my time

Total joke. Shop small used to be an excellent promotion, now it’s not even worth my time to register enter.

Guess what? I actually deleted the e-mail without clicking the button.

I read these messages from the 2 of you, like this is the 3rd time, before I realised that I may actually have to click the e-mail.

So I deleted the e-mail, before I could click it, because the words "Shop Small" made me 😒 then 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 then I could not even be bothered with the rest of the e-mail. And I am someone who usually read all the small prints (terms and conditions).

Oh well, whatever.

I just realised that the card I received this offer for is my Edge card, which I only use for buying Woolworths gift cards (low usage). I have not received this promotion for my Reserve card which is the card I use most often.

Is this happening with other people?

Amex is becoming completely irrelevant in Aus.

I really only keep the card now for travel (in event one of my other ones gets compromised).
What card do you primarily use?
I still love Amex. Amex Qantas Ultimate gives 1.25 QFF points on most purchases for a $450 annual fee, but you get $450 in travel credits plus various offers giving credit back (maybe $150 in the past 12 months in my case). Sure shop small is nothing like it used to be, but overall I am still happy.

I just realised that the card I received this offer for is my Edge card, which I only use for buying Woolworths gift cards (low usage). I have not received this promotion for my Reserve card which is the card I use most often.

Is this happening with other people?
Just go to the link on the AMEX website and register all your cards separately. Can’t hurt?

I guess in fairness to Amex, they needed Shop Small to encourage us to use the card more so they could drive acceptance.

It’s rare now I can’t use mine so mission accomplished by Amex.

I enjoy getting a fat incentive to use my card but know the money has to come from somewhere & am disappointed but not totally surprised this has happened. Glad I can use my Amex everywhere though.

YMMV.

I guess in fairness to Amex, they needed Shop Small to encourage us to use the card more so they could drive acceptance.

It’s rare now I can’t use mine so mission accomplished by Amex.

I enjoy getting a fat incentive to use my card but know the money has to come from somewhere & am disappointed but not totally surprised this has happened. Glad I can use my Amex everywhere though.

YMMV.
Lots of merchants/businesses still don't take Amex and still charge surcharges Welcome to Australia

Lots of merchants/businesses still don't take Amex and still charge surcharges Welcome to Australia

I've been an Amex Merchant for 40 years now - they sent my a very expensive heavy Crystal vase recently as a “Thank You”.

The cost for me to take your AMEX is less than your Visa and Mastercard costs me, most especially for foreign buyers of which I have many.

The decades old reality of it being 'expensive' to business is just not true now.

As to this PROMO ..... big yawn sadly, to me anyway.

6 cash injections of $10 a merchant spend, as in past years was far savvier IMHO.

As a comment - to speak to ANYONE at Amex these days who is based in Australia, seems near zero in recent years. I truly cannot understand 50% of what many say.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back