Will we see the big Amex sign on Bonus Points again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramboflyer

I'm a fan of Amex cards as they often offer good value, although less than in the past. I currently have a Westpac card that earns 1:1 Krisflyer points (if I convert there). I'm looking to boost my Krisflyer points through a generous sign on bonus offer but Amex are offering very little at the moment for non business cards.
I'm in for a St George Visa card that offers 100,000 (converted) bonus points but I'm thinking that won't be approved due to lack of contact after supplying documents. That seems a very hard card to get for some reason.

Will we see the return of the big sign on bonus points from Amex again or are those days gone?

I do think the generous Amex offers will be back. They just haven't been running any special promotions over the past few months - I suspect their advertising budget was temporarily put on hold by you-know-what.

Well many airline and hotel loyalty programs have been selling miles/points at big discounts recently so likely they are offering discounts to the various CC issuing institutions.
However if the card issuers are buying up big I wouldn't think they will be giving big sign up bonus offerings until they are reasonably sure the economic recovery is real.

They would have to be absolutely massive to interest me given the 50% devaluationgate last year ;)

On the Qantas Credit card page (the one where you can see and compare all Qantas points earning credit cards), there is a link to the AMEX Qantas ultimate, with a deal for 80k points and $100 back if you spend 150 on qantas wine. This 80k offer (link below) is better than the 55k offer which you can get just by clicking through the regular AMEX website home page.

On a side note, as I have not logged in for a while, can anyone tell me there the new Credit Card promotions page on AFF has disappeared to?

On the Qantas Credit card page (the one where you can see and compare all Qantas points earning credit cards), there is a link to the AMEX Qantas ultimate, with a deal for 80k points and $100 back if you spend 150 on qantas wine. This 80k offer (link below) is better than the 55k offer which you can get just by clicking through the regular AMEX website home page.
No worries with Qantas sign on bonuses but I'm ok in that department - its the non Qantas points/miles I'm after.

On a side note, as I have not logged in for a while, can anyone tell me there the new Credit Card promotions page on AFF has disappeared to?

I think with the reorganisation of the AFF website, posts about CC promotions are in the product-specific forum (e.g. ANZ, CBA, NBA etc).
I guess others (Moderators, Admin etc) can confirm this?

I think with the reorganisation of the AFF website, posts about CC promotions are in the product-specific forum (e.g. ANZ, CBA, NBA etc).
I guess others (Moderators, Admin etc) can confirm this?

This is correct. Threads about credit card offers are now in the relevant banks' forums.

However, all threads about credit card promotions now have a "Card Promotions" prefix and can be found here - Card Promotions Threads

To find all threads with prefixes, go to the forum home page and search under "Promotions & Offers":

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 10.13.52 am.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back