Will SYD-DXB get the new 777-300er product?

squid

Hi folks

Wondering if anyone has any idea if the new(er) product flying a few DXB-Europe routes will land on DXB-SYD?

This is the product I'm referring to, looks fantastic!

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Solutions
Hi folks

Wondering if anyone has any idea if the new(er) product flying a few DXB-Europe routes will land on DXB-SYD?

This is the product I'm referring to, looks fantastic!

Maybe... but my understanding is that they need a lot more planes in that configuration first. Pre covid they had something like 6 which were used for 'out-and-back' trips on a single day... for example Dubai to London return. Flying to Australia would mean at least two aircraft - rather than one - for a route.

Ansett

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Red
These are the current routes from DXB

• Brussels (BRU)
  • Frankfurt (FRA)
  • Geneva (GVA)
  • London (LHR)
  • Tokyo (NRT)
  • Singapore (SIN)
  • Zurich (ZRH)

squid

These are the current routes from DXB

• Brussels (BRU)
  • Frankfurt (FRA)
  • Geneva (GVA)
  • London (LHR)
  • Tokyo (NRT)
  • Singapore (SIN)
  • Zurich (ZRH)

Do you know if 100% of these routes fly these new planes? I have a flight from DXB to WAW, wondering if it's worth the hassle to change to DXB -> one of these and then hop to WAW.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Solutions
Do you know if 100% of these routes fly these new planes? I have a flight from DXB to WAW, wondering if it's worth the hassle to change to DXB -> one of these and then hop to WAW.

It's only some of the services to each of those cities... they have something like 9 frames as of September 2021. London I think has 8 or nine flights a day on EK... so not all of them will be with the new cabins.

squid

It's only some of the services to each of those cities... they have something like 9 frames as of September 2021. London I think has 8 or nine flights a day on EK... so not all of them will be with the new cabins.

Thanks, seems like it's not worth the hassle/risk to make the change. Will have to slum it in the old J class then ;)

Matt_01

Established Member
Solutions
One Mile at a time posted Which Routes Feature The New Emirates First Class? in the article it lists all the airframes and these are linked to FR24 so you can see which routes they are flying. I would take it as a guide but some routes seem to be fairly consistent. I had a moment of madness an booked NRT-DXB-STN in F for next year, EF is showing this configuration on both sectors.

Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements