Who has a Diners Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macka

I just got one of those ‘you’re been pre-approved for a credit card’ letters… from diners club?! To be honest, I’ve never heard of anyone who actually has them. Are they different, or special, or just really old school? Do only 'older people' have them?

Our corporate cards are diners, although they wont allow us to use Awards feature to t/f points to QF etc. :(:(:(:(

I got one of those pre-approved letters some time last year. Not sure how they tracked me down. :shock::D

My partner was given a corporate Diners by work work. But he can't seem to use it anywhere so he's sent it back; he uses his own Visa and sends in receipts to get reimbursed instead.

Had one once but eventually gave it up. It offers no advantage over an Amex charge card and in fact seems to be even more disliked by retailers than Amex. Terms of payment are tighter.

Last edited:
I have one and have had for about 10 years.

It is accepted everywhere typically that I would mostly use. IT does not attract any more fee than using an Amex card in most places.

Never a problem being accepted at:
Restaurants,
Hotels,
Major fuel stations
airlines
groceries
Office supplies
Car rentals

The points are 1:1, tfer to Velocity at 1:1 and works pretty well for me.

Anything outside of the bulk of my spending above I use my Citi Gold C/card and earn the same rates... So I really could just use the one card (m/card) and be done with it - not exactly sure why I don't.:D But my Diners gets a pretty good work out each month.

Well I have had a Diners for some time but i am an oldie.I also am on a deal and it is fee free plus i earn 1.5 points per$1 spend.The main reason for it being my major card is that I can transfer to SPG at 2 DC points per SPG point then i transfer 20000 SPG points to 25000 Aadvantage miles.
I really dont have much problem putting a significant spend on the card.

I've had a Diners for over 15 years. Once upon a time, before surcharges were the go, it was quite good. Service from the Melbourne call centre was very good too.

Nowadays, most restaurants surcharge and the call centre is, I believe, run out of the Philippines by the same automatons who run Citibank's call centre. (Australian Diners is owned by Citi.) Service is not nearly as good and in particular, redeeming points can be a hassle.

That said, it is hard to find a card that offers a better conversion rate than 1:1 for Velocity Rewards.

Access to member lounge clubs at some airports overseas is a handy fringe benefit if you are passing through an airport and flying with an airline that doesn't recognise your airline club membership. However, the lounges that Diners contracts with are often shared access facilities and not as spiffy as, say, the SQ or QF club.

I've had a Diners Club card for years though I don't use it a lot. I find the access it gives you to their airport lounges overseas quite useful.

Just got rid of mine after 10 years with them, service poor and can never speak to anyone in Australia (perhaps the Melb office is a virtual office with no one there), the call centre can never make a hard confirmed decision. Had one for work, but prefer to use my own money now and claim back than have the hassle of sorting out any problems with Diners.

My personal recommendation is don't bother with them.

I've had a Diners Club card for years though I don't use it a lot. I find the access it gives you to their airport lounges overseas quite useful.

I am thinking of applying for a Diners Club card to get acess to the airport lounges overseas such as Uk london ones but cant find one of those fee free offers. the best i could find was ANZ branded diners club card for $24 annual fee and not opting into the membership rewards program since its another $95. Do they swipe your Diners club card when you enter these airport lounges to see if you have an active card or do you just need to flash it? I was wondering if i get the ANZ branded diners club card and do not active it so that i dont get charged a fee and just show it upon entry if i would be able to get in for free or not?

Only used it once for an airport lounge and they swiped it-UIO.No guest but mrsdrron had her own card fortunately.

the best i could find was ANZ branded diners club card for $24 annual fee
Just curious - where did you find this? :) I've heard about it, and looked everywhere for it, but I just can't find it (other than the reference to it on the Qantas cards page) lol

Just curious - where did you find this? :) I've heard about it, and looked everywhere for it, but I just can't find it (other than the reference to it on the Qantas cards page) lol

I just sent anz a secure email via online banking and they replied and posted me the application form. they said if i didnt have a

ANZ Rewards Visa credit card to link to it and just wanted diners card without the rewards to write a note on top of the application form thus i would only have to pay $24. im still holding off and hoping to get or find a no annual fee for life offer from diners club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back