Which Energy Companies take AMEX currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

docjames

Qantas
Platinum
Can anyone advise if their energy provider(s) (Gas/Electricity) accept Amex?

Thanks.

Synergy (WA) does as does Alinta (gas in WA). However Alinta won't do it for direct debit - laziness on their part I guess.

Thanks, the prices are all so close I may as well find a discriminating factor.

Lumo offer 10,000 velocity points at sign up then 6pts/$ but the non-velocity offer is 12% cheaper.

The only problem is that most (if not all) amex cards only earn 0.5 points per $ now. The earn rate on my citibusiness card is much better for utilities :)

Thanks, the prices are all so close I may as well find a discriminating factor.

Lumo offer 10,000 velocity points at sign up then 6pts/$ but the non-velocity offer is 12% cheaper.

It does, but 10,000 points can be valued at $450
Then 6 points per $1 can be valued at $0.27, so a 27% return

Makes the extra 12% worth it, if you use the points for J long-haul redemption or other J type redemption

It does, but 10,000 points can be valued at $450
Then 6 points per $1 can be valued at $0.27, so a 27% return

Makes the extra 12% worth it, if you use the points for J long-haul redemption or other J type redemption

That's basically the conclusion I've come to. Also on the c/kwh they quote for the two plans, it doesnt calculate to me @ 12%, more like 6%, so i give up and will probably go Lumo Velcoity offer unless anyone thinks of anything better.

EnergyAustralia does. But i'll switch to Visa next month as Amex is begining giving only 0.5 point per $ on utility bills.

That's basically the conclusion I've come to. Also on the c/kwh they quote for the two plans, it doesnt calculate to me @ 12%, more like 6%, so i give up and will probably go Lumo Velcoity offer unless anyone thinks of anything better.

Yes, when I locked in my offer it was about 5% more from memory, IF that... Of course rates have automatically increased since then but I assume both the Velocity and non Velocity rates increased at the same time..

I will call up Lumo in the next week or two and enquire about "cancelling" my account and see if I can get any discounts. I have 2 accounts with Lumo so a spend of about $5000 per year so they MAY look after me....

Wouldn't you be better going for the Amex Lumo 10,000 bonus and 6 points per $ as opposed the Velocity Lumo 10,000 bonus and 6 points per dollar. That way you have a greater partner choice to deposit the points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back