Which 10 Airlines Partners for Diners Club Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred

On Diners Club Australia website, it says "Our Members can choose from 10 international airline partners including Velocity, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer and Air New Zealand Airlines."

Does anyone know what are the other partner airlines for Australian Diners Club? Is Korean Air Skypass part of the partnership?

Thanks in advance:)

In the online catalogue I see 8 (ANZ is probably one of the missing ones)

American Airlines - AAdvantage
Hawaiian Airlines Miles Program
Delta Airlines - SkyMiles
Korean Air - Skypass
Northwest Airlines - WorldPerks
South African Airlines - Voyager
Singapore Airlines
Velocity Frequent Flyer

I think SPG launder is better. Is there a list of places that accepts diners with no surcharge? :)

Hi,

Does anyone have a list of all the transfer rates for the points to FF or hotels? I tried to find one on the website but no luck

Hi,

Does anyone have a list of all the transfer rates for the points to FF or hotels? I tried to find one on the website but no luck

go to their web site
click on "rewards" along the top
click on "online catalogue"
Pick travel in "choose a category"
Leave "points range" as "please select"
Click on "go"

(don't worry: I think that there is a lot of improvement that could happen to their web site ;))

and in answer to the question above above Delta. Indeed with a 20,000 1:1 transfer from SPG to Delta there is a 5000 bonus

Note added to clarify that the 1:1 is SPG to Delta and does not include the 5000 bonus and is NOT the Diners to SPG rate

So:
40,000 Diners points would get 20,000 SPG points which transfers to 25,000 Delta points.
A direct transfer of 40,000 Diners would get 20,000 Delta points

Last edited:
In the online catalogue I see 8 (ANZ is probably one of the missing ones)

American Airlines - AAdvantage
Hawaiian Airlines Miles Program
Delta Airlines - SkyMiles
Korean Air - Skypass
Northwest Airlines - WorldPerks
South African Airlines - Voyager
Singapore Airlines
Velocity Frequent Flyer

there are now 13 airlines to transfer to

Ah I see it now. Thanks a bunch!

Earn rate for Virgin looks amazing as it does for SPG. Hmm could be interesting

Ah I see it now. Thanks a bunch!

Earn rate for Virgin looks amazing as it does for SPG. Hmm could be interesting

No worries

It's fun and another time sink :)

And just as an example of what can be done I recently transferred some DC points to SPG and was able to get a room at a points rate that was much better value than paying cash. There are a few threads here SOMEWHERE :) that gave me the idea.

I am enjoying DC as part of my CC portfolio. If nothing else the many ways that points can be diverted provides me with yet another interest....like I need another one :(

I am enjoying DC as part of my CC portfolio. If nothing else the many ways that points can be diverted provides me with yet another interest....like I need another one :(

How are you finding acceptance of the card - can you actually use it at many merchants? Their revamped card(s) are interesting, no doubt, but I'm concerned about actually being able to use one enough to make it worthwhile.

How are you finding acceptance of the card - can you actually use it at many merchants? Their revamped card(s) are interesting, no doubt, but I'm concerned about actually being able to use one enough to make it worthwhile.

no issue at major supermarkets and service stations for the Diners. Also just looked on my last statement and found officeworks, AA, Qantas
If you get the paired mastercard then the world (including the ATO and (cough, cough) the RBA) is your oyster.

I accept that everyone is different so I'll explain why ::I:: have this card: I am finding that I cannot use my QFF points as quickly as I can generate them so I am exploring other outlets. I dug my Diners out of a dusty drawer several months ago after I started hanging around here and seeing what other stuff can be done with credit cards. It was an old association card. LOL the association has been dropped but the logo still appears. I guess they liked me adding the mastercard because I reckon that the fee is now more.
As said I am finding it amusing if nothing else. As the months go by I'll run a little cost/benefit analysis in my head and see if I should continue

no issue at major supermarkets and service stations for the Diners. Also just looked on my last statement and found officeworks, AA, Qantas

Thanks for the info. Probably not enough to make it work for me (vs the annual fee)... at least not when compared to other card options.

If you get the paired mastercard then the world (including the ATO and (cough, cough) the RBA) is your oyster.

True re ATO, but 0.625 points per $1 (for most of the more common airline programs) ain't exactly too flash. RBA... that sounds interesting? What's that about?

As the months go by I'll run a little cost/benefit analysis in my head and see if I should continue

Please share when you do - I'd be interested to read it.

This would be great if you had a place to buy EFTPOS or gift cards to recycle as nowhere else offeres 3 points per dollar on a general purchase. If anyone knows of such a place then please PM me. I also looked at the rent through rental rewards and the fees are 5 per month, 12 per transaction and 1.1%. On rent of 26000 you would get 78000 Virgin points or 39000 SPG points a year at a cost of 490.

Another thing I thought of after reading through a bit of another post. To get HHonours at 1:1 you could go through Hawaiian Airlines or even SPG->Hawaiian->HHonors which is kind of ironic.

I can't think of a better value for getting SPG or Velocity points but most of the other redemptions don't seem great.

No worries

It's fun and another time sink :)

And just as an example of what can be done I recently transferred some DC points to SPG and was able to get a room at a points rate that was much better value than paying cash. There are a few threads here SOMEWHERE :) that gave me the idea.

I too have a DC as part of my cc portfolio for the reasons below. it is the only card that I'm aware off in Australia that you can TF to Hyatt Gold passport.
I have a fee free Diners (through my professional association) and keep it as:
1) Free airport lounge access (not in Australia tho) and have 3 supplementary card holders:)
2) 1.5 DC pts per $ spent (if Diners is accepted :()
3) Good transfer ratio to Starwood and Hyatt. (better than AMEX for the former, and not possible with AMEX for the latter)

I stoped using my Diners 2-3 years back (apart from a monthly direct debit bill) went their computer update when hay wire for months and I had to fight for my points but might start using it again to build up some Hyatt and SPG pts:)

If my calculations are correct Diners Club points can be transferred to 36 airline programs once you allow for transfers via Starwood.

So my current DC points balance of 120K could be converted to any of the following (including Starwood bonus for transfers of 20K):

75,000 Aeroplan/Air Canada via Starwood
75,000 Air Berlin via Starwood
75,000 Air China Companion via Starwood
1,154 Air New Zealand & Air Points via Starwood
75,000 Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan via Starwood
75,000 Alitalia MilleMiglia via Starwood
75,000 All Nippon Airways (ANA) Mileage Club via Starwood
75,000 American Airlines Aadvantage via Starwood
75,000 Asia Miles via Starwood
75,000 Asiana Airlines via Starwood
75,000 British Airways Executive Club via Starwood
75,000 China Eastern Airlines via Starwood
75,000 China Southern Airlines’ Sky Pearl Club via Starwood
75,000 Delta Air Lines SkyMiles via Starwood
1,000 EL AL Israel Airlines - Matmid Club
75,000 Emirates Skywards via Starwood
75,000 Etihad Airways via Starwood
75,000 Flying Blue via Starwood
30,000 Frontier Airlines -*EarlyReturns
75,000 Hawaiian Airlines via Starwood
75,000 Japan Airlines (JAL) Mileage Bank via Starwood
60,000 Korean Air - Skypass
150,000 LAN LANPASS via Starwood
75,000 Miles and More via Starwood
75,000 Qatar Airways via Starwood
30,000 SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) - EuroBonus Points*
75,000 Saudi Arabian Airlines Alfursan via Starwood
75,000 Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer via Starwood
60,000 South African Airlines - Voyager
30,000 Southwest Airlines - Rapid Rewards
75,000 Thai Airways International Royal Orchid Plus via Starwood
37,500 United Mileage Plus via Starwood
75,000 US Airways Dividend Miles via Starwood
37,500 VARIG Smiles via Starwood
120,000 Velocity
75,000 Virgin Atlantic Flying Club via Starwood

Alternatively 120K DC points would get me the following hotel points:

118,800 Best Western Rewards (plus a few DC points left over)
120,000 Choice Hotels - Privileges Points
150,000 Hilton Honours via Starwood to Hawaiian Air or Virgin Atlantic
60,000 Hyatt Gold Passport
60,000 IHG | Priority Club*Rewards
60,000 Marriott Rewards
60,000 Starwood Preferred Guest

Now to work out which would be best for me. Might be a long job as half of these I have never heard of!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back