What would make you keep your Diners card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromTheRail

Just wondering what would could Diners do for you to keep you card and to keep using it?

For me it is earning points from ATO spend

I don't really like the recent devaluation, but earning from the ATO with the MC would keep me and i'm sure would bring in a lot more people due to the latest fee change at the ATO and there not being many MC's about that earn points.

Card typeFee
American Express1.45%
MasterCard – International2.70%
MasterCard – Domestic Debit0.15%
MasterCard – Domestic Credit0.40%
Visa – International2.70%
Visa – Domestic Debit0.15%
Visa – Domestic Credit0.58%

To me it could be a great thing for Diners to expand their Australian market, i'm sure the amount of Diners holders would rocket, and thus the amount of people asking the "Do you take Diners" would increase and then merchants would get on board in accepting it. Even use the ATO transactions as a bit of a loss leader.

I would consider it if ATO is still on the table although the reduced MC earn has been compounded by a 20% devaluation of the SPG transfer rate.
Diners have been specific on saying no ATO earn when announcing their changes. As many know, they've had this clause before but wasn't enforced. I wonder if they are enforcing it now. Might do a test payment and report back although that won't be for a while given points are awarded 2 statement cycles out. Interested to hear anyone else's experiences post 1 July changes.

How far from your renewal date were you TonyHancock? Mine isn't until late in the year. I won't be using it anymore if they don't offer fee free, I'll cancel or downgrade it to basic to keep it in the bottom drawer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back