what happened to the gold charge card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeih

Couldn't see if this had been posted before - but is it just me or has the amex gold (personal) charge card been taken completely off their website? They seem to be spruiking the platinum cards only now

Also seems that the American Express Card (aka the iconic Green Charge Card) has also been discontinued (at least from being advertised). Seems a pity.

Guess the merchant fees on non-super premium cards (like gold and green) are not as attractive. Much like the big banks have got rid of gold and "upgraded" us all to platinum as the base level and created Black as the new premium category.

The personal green and gold do appear to have been discontinued at least on the website - you can still get them if you apply for the Business versions of them which have slightly higher fees

alternatively I'm sure you could call and request an application form to be sent for them

Amex rep I had spoken to has confirmed that new applications for Green and Gold are no longer accepted.
As a Green card holder, I inquired about supplementary cards and they can still be issued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back