What did you buy thats not living its best life right now? | Page 5 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

What did you buy thats not living its best life right now?

VPS

Established Member
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
A new passport last December - the old one expired in August 2020 but I thought I'd get ahead of the game and get a new one - in hindsight I needn't have bothered and would have got home from Antarctica on the old one - sob sob

LadyC

Established Member
A set of new ski gear - skis, poles, boots etc. Purchased with a plan to be skiing at Falls Creek early next month as well as in North America at the end of the year. Neither of those trips are happening now. We might be lucky enough to get to Falls Creek at the end of August if the lock down is lifted at the end of the 6 weeks.

mrs.dr.ron

Established Member
Not me. I wanted to ahem, use the council rubbish bin for a bag I couldn't squeeze into my domestic bin. On the Esplanade at one of Adelaides beaches. To my horror I looked down and saw I was wearing ugg boots so scuttled across the road to home as quickly as I could.
When we lived in the Hunter Valley I used to keep a spare pair of shoes at work - so many times driving to work I would get there and realise I still had my ugg boots on !

Berlin

Established Member
Tickets. For a cruise for all things from New York via Miami for all places.

Luckily, I got them fully refunded by now.

Stealthflyer

Virgin
Platinum
A pair of new ski gloves. I bought them at the end of our Jan ski trip in the Dolomites on the assumption that they’d be used in Nz in August and Dolomites again in Jan 2021. Looks like they’ll be tucked away in the cupboard for at least a few years instead. Hopefully they haven’t delaminated by the time I use them.

albatross710

Established Member
Not sure if this fits here...but I noticed that Mrs Albatross when shopping picked up 'small' in-flight size apples on special. Makes sense that without the airlines buying the bulk of those small apples that they have to go somewhere.

TiredOldFlyer

Like some others I purchased new ski gear. In my case new skis.
What worries me most is that by the time I get to use them they will be out of date - that is wrong colour !
Oh the shame of it.