Westpac Singapore Airlines 15,000 Bonus + Reduced 1st yr fee (exclusive?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingjjj

Hi,

I got an email from singapore airlines, offering me Westpac Platinum Card (AMEX + VISA).

Comes with 15,000 bonus points and 50% reduction in the first year's annual fee.

The invite was part of my email, so I'd rather not share the personalised link, but I did a search on the Westpac website and found something similar:

Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Platinum Reward Card - Westpac

(with 10,000 bonus points, and no reduction in y1 fee).

I don't normally fly Singapore Airlines, so the points are not of immediate use to me. Does anyone know if they can expire?

Otherwise $125 for 15,000 points seems like a good deal.

Hi,

I got an email from singapore airlines, offering me Westpac Platinum Card (AMEX + VISA).

Comes with 15,000 bonus points and 50% reduction in the first year's annual fee.

The invite was part of my email, so I'd rather not share the personalised link, but I did a search on the Westpac website and found something similar:

Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Platinum Reward Card - Westpac

(with 10,000 bonus points, and no reduction in y1 fee).

I don't normally fly Singapore Airlines, so the points are not of immediate use to me. Does anyone know if they can expire?

Otherwise $125 for 15,000 points seems like a good deal.

SQ points expire after 3 years but this is a pretty good card, particularly the AMEX part, as you will note elsewhere on this forum people are annoyed though that VIsa is no longer 1:1 and removal of the "bonus" component.

I like SQ and for me 15K SQ points are worth a fair but more than 15K QF (more and cheaper redemption offers than QF) points but each to their own, for a start SQ is best for Asia and beyond, i.e. no domestic benefit.

If I cancel my Westpac Krisflyer Plat card and then sign up again in April, will it work?

It is pretty bizarre that we get this message through just one day after Westpac halved the Visa redemption rate to all their existing members most of whom would have thought that loyalty meant something.
Banks can and will do more for new customers because they believe it is way too expensive to offer the deal to existing suckers.

It is pretty bizarre that we get this message through just one day after Westpac halved the Visa redemption rate to all their existing members most of whom would have thought that loyalty meant something.
Banks can and will do more for new customers because they believe it is way too expensive to offer the deal to existing suckers.

Ah yes, but the whole reason we have this latest promotion thread is because we know that they do treat new customers better.

I could theorise as to why this is by suggesting that banks are smart enough to realise that customers may whinge about them but most don't actually move much so giving a deal to existing customers is just throwing money away.

In the meantime we should be taking advantage of the opportunities they offer us and encouraging our friends to do the same. If the banks saw large number of customers moving they would do more to seek to keep existing customers but while they don't they won't. While I don't particularly like it I do think their current approach is perfectly rational on a purely commercial basis and let's face it that's what they do, they are there to make money not friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back