Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Star Alliance
Gold
Virgin Money had suspended new applications for its Velocity credit cards back in April when VA went into administration. But the Velocity Flyer and Velocity High Flyer credit cards are now back on the market.

The Velocity High Flyer credit card currently has a sign-up bonus available of up to 60,000 Velocity points, with this offer expiring on 30 November 2020. The $129 annual Virgin travel credit and lounge passes still seem to be available with the card, although there's a note on Virgin Money's website that the Virgin lounges are still closed.

There's also a 40,000 bonus points offer with the Virgin Money Velocity Flyer card.

Mrs andye has been given 10K points as an annual bonus on her Virgin Flyer card. Barely used as running a balance transfer on it. Wasn't aware this was part of the benefits but welcome nonetheless

I can see both offers mentioned above are still available with no expiry date. The Flyer card has a first year half price fee of $64.50 (half of $129), coming with 40k VFF points and a $129 voucher looks good value to me.

C66A5857-3D51-41FF-B457-38988D647A0B.jpegAm I interpreting this correctly...? $ 3000 to be spent monthly for 3 consecutive months (=$6000) to achieve the bonus?
Seems ridiculous for a general spender & VA miles are now not as desirable.

Does anybody have any experience with cancelling one of these Virgin Money cards after the $129 VA voucher has been issued (and shows in VA TravelBank with an expiry date), but before actually spending that voucher?

Signed up originally to get the bonus points + voucher in the first year, and then the extra 10K points in the second year (as was part of the offer at the time). Have those points in my Velocity account, and the $129 voucher also in my TravelBank ready to go, so I'm thinking it'd be fine now to cancel.

(In an ideal world I'd use the voucher first just to be sure and then cancel, but really don't need to book any flights at the moment.)

Does anybody have any experience with cancelling one of these Virgin Money cards after the $129 VA voucher has been issued (and shows in VA TravelBank with an expiry date), but before actually spending that voucher?

Signed up originally to get the bonus points + voucher in the first year, and then the extra 10K points in the second year (as was part of the offer at the time). Have those points in my Velocity account, and the $129 voucher also in my TravelBank ready to go, so I'm thinking it'd be fine now to cancel.

(In an ideal world I'd use the voucher first just to be sure and then cancel, but really don't need to book any flights at the moment.)

A few years ago I cancelled prior to using the $129 credit. The credit is not linked to your card as best as I know. It should state clearly in the T's and C's if the voucher was not valid if the card had been cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back