Virgin High Flyer points not accumulating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogul

I have just logged into my account and points have not been allocated since the last week of last month. On ringing them they said they are having problems. Probably with the reduction rates.

Is anyone else seeing the same thing. I have around 60,000 points to be allocated before next statement next week.

Hi

Yes noticed this morning. Been spending on card but showing points balance as 1. May have to resort to giving them a call.

update: tried calling, as expected virgin/citi phone rep was hopeless and did not understand what i was talking about. will wait for points to move across and then take it up again if incorrect ...

Statement has come and gone and still missing around 60,000 points. Sent them an email and received a reply stating they are having technical issues, it's now over a month. I suspect the real reason is they renegotiating with VFF the cost of the points.

Time to lodge a complaint with the Banking Ombudsman.

Statement has come and gone and still missing around 60,000 points. Sent them an email and received a reply stating they are having technical issues, it's now over a month. I suspect the real reason is they renegotiating with VFF the cost of the points.
It won't have anything to do with the cost of the points. The cost of points, transfer rates, etc would have all been worked out and agreed to before we even heard about the changes.

Lodged a complaint with the banking ombudsman a couple of weeks ago and have had a response from Citibank.

Their response was "we have reconciled your account and have credited the missing 15,000.00 reward points to your account. In addition, I have also credited a further 5,000.00 reward points for the inconvenience caused." 15,000 points exactly hhmmmmm.

Rang them up and they went and had another look and found another 25,000 to be credited which has been done.

They also said since the changes point accumulation will not be shown on online banking. I smell a rat with this.

At the end of the day points are now upto date until until end of April, we will have to wait and see what happens with this months statement.

My points are not showing as well. Will call them in regards to that. Also Citi Prestige is the same. Changed from Signature to Prestige and have accumulated around 400,000 points, and they are saying techical issues also. Being going on now for 2 months. Have agreed to halve the $700 fee, but still cannot see points available. Told them if not sorted out, will go to Banking Ombudsman.

Go to the ombudsman as I did it least it will get sorted out. The more that complain to the ombudsman the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back