Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer - 60,000 bonus Velocity Points#

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Goldy - that's a bargain - now that VA are back in my good books I will have a slice of that - even if I have to trans via SYD or BNE.

Over the line - cards on way - 15K limit on card which is minimum. Now lets see - 60K VA pts = 64% of of pts req VA J LAX-MEL for $289 - seems excellent value to me.

$3k a month is not much (I'd have to switch some of my AMEX spend to get there), but having to wait 6 months? Besides, wife already has the flyer card which sorts us out for the 4 buy one get one (less taxes) free.

For $150 you can get the NAB one for 40k points after spending as little as 1 cent. Or for a bit more than the High Flyer you can get AMEX velocity for 50k points including the free return flight.

In this world where we churn through credit cards for points one needs to be careful by not applying for everything (case in point I just cancelled my ANZ AMEX with the 50k bonus Qantas points and no annual fee for first year...now THAT was a no brainer deal):)

I've read that people get stuffed around with the Citibank with the application. Is this the only issue with this card ? Just looking for a good top up points and VFF earn card as all I have now is QF. While that has served me very well getting me 2 trips for 3 to the USA return (1 whole trip in J Class) our corporate airline has changed now so looking to maximise benefit of the VA Status along with points. I have considered just keeping the QF cards and continuing the earns but without status getting the seats on QF is less likely plus traveling with no Status well - that's why they call it "Platinum I guess :) ( yes I'm taking the p1ss out of myself!)

I should add that ATO friendly is not important to me

Advice from all appreciated.

Last edited:
just an update. I applied on Saturday. Got a phone call Monday afternoon asking a couple of clarification questions. Then got email Wed with approval notification . I thought there might have been more hoops to jump through from the reports of others, but this was quite straight forward. Only small issue was they said they couldn't accept the evidence I sent for the dividend income which was the page from my tax return, they said they needed the entire tax return. They said they didn't need that income for the application so they just removed it from the application and that was that.

Hi there i was really interested in this promo however i'm an existing Virgin Money customer and have the Velocity Flyer Card.
I also don't meet the 75k salary per year, as my wage is 63k. My annual house hould income with my partner is over 100k though.

DO you think i can apply?
Daniel

i seem to have strange luck with citibank. applied for this last tuesday, approved within about 2 hours. card arrived on friday.

Hi

Yes - had a citi signature visa. got it last december
Hmmm I've got one of those as well, might try get this card too for the points. Did you just apply online/have to go through the standard credit checks etc?

Hmmm I've got one of those as well, might try get this card too for the points. Did you just apply online/have to go through the standard credit checks etc?

yes - used standard online application. was an associated credit check. uploaded supporting docs. got a phone call to confirm a previous address that afternoon and then got email to say it was approved.

What's the Virgin points earn like on reduced flights offer? Is it still just 5 points/$ on the fare paid for the flight?

Hi there, I applied for this card and so far Citibank have been a nightmare to deal with. I've had about five phone calls to clarify minor points and have now asked them to just email me if they have any questions. I hope it isn't a sign of things to come and the theme continues. Can anyone tell me if you can earn points on this card for paying rent? I have the option of paying my rent through DEFT payment system and it would be a very nice earner. The T&C's say no to government charges and insurance so I think I am ok but can anyone confirm? Thank you.

Hi there, I applied for this card and so far Citibank have been a nightmare to deal with. I've had about five phone calls to clarify minor points and have now asked them to just email me if they have any questions. I hope it isn't a sign of things to come and the theme continues. Can anyone tell me if you can earn points on this card for paying rent? I have the option of paying my rent through DEFT payment system and it would be a very nice earner. The T&C's say no to government charges and insurance so I think I am ok but can anyone confirm? Thank you.

Hi. Have used DEFT with this card and it has always attracted full points. The only downside is the 1.5% visa surcharge.

Hi guys,

First, thanks for all of the help. With the help from people on this site we were able to book business class tickets to and from the US, very much appreciated. I have just received my card in the mail. Reading through the rewards program brochure and it says eligible transactions excluding ....Government charges, insurance charges. Does this mean I wouldn't earn points for paying rates, water, power, and also car and house insurance? That's a lot of places I already pay and earn points on another card.

Last edited:
I got this card 6 months ago. So this current payment cycle is my final 10,000 bonus points. ( 6 months at 10,000 points per month by meeting the min spend of $3000 ).

I have spent right on the $3k per month giving me a total of 82500 points ( 60000 bonus + 18000 * 1.25 ).

As I normally do with my friends at Citi / Virgin money, rang up to cancel.." no no don't cancel this is the high flyer card and not everyone can get this card " "so we will credit you back the annual card fee of $289.00 that you had to pay 6 months ago if you stay. "

Ok I will stay then.....perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back