Velocity VISa/MC with 1:1 transfer rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDS

Apart from the Virgin Money VISA credit card which is now dropping to a 1:1 transfer rate ie $1 to 1 Vel Pnt, are there any others?????

There are plenty of QFF cards at this transfer rate but I cant find any for Vel.

Apart from the Virgin Money VISA credit card which is now dropping to a 1:1 transfer rate ie $1 to 1 Vel Pnt, are there any others?????

There are plenty of QFF cards at this transfer rate but I cant find any for Vel.

I'm pretty sure there aren't any for Velocity after all the changes. I reckon one of the better ones now would have to be the Coles Rewards MC. Earning 2 flybuys pts / $ or 0.87:1 to Velocity. If you combine that with the regular 15% transfer bonuses between flybuys and Velocity you can make it 1.0005:1. Beware of the annual maximum transfer limit of 138,000 flybuys points, equivalent to 60,030 Velocity pts.

After all the changes there aren't that many MC/Visa combos that earn 1:1 for QF now either - especially if you want uncapped earn.

AMEX is all the rage going forward if you want a good earn rate. Obviously only any good for merchants accepting AMEX, but if you spend at some of them it is easy to find a better than 1:1 earn rate (1.5:1 or 2:1 without a problem).

Edit: I stand corrected - I hadn't notice that ANZ had upped their earn rate on the ANZ rewards Black Visa as part of their recent changes - I thought they'd only upped it on the QF range. Nice! Too bad it is capped though.

Last edited:
Thanks for that
Moving to one of the AMX options and my NAB VISA/AMX is getting the chop - still have to decide between explorer and Velocity

Depending on cost will certainly look at both Coles and ANZ and weigh them up against the Virgin Money card

Thanks for that
Moving to one of the AMX options and my NAB VISA/AMX is getting the chop - still have to decide between explorer and Velocity

Depending on cost will certainly look at both Coles and ANZ and weigh them up against the Virgin Money card

I'd totally recommend either the Amex Explorer or the Velocity Platinum card. The signon bonus for the Velocity card is hard to beat at the moment and I tend to find the flight option better value than the travel credit, but this would be highly dependent on your circumstances. It's a pretty versatile card now they've changed its earn structure to a flat 1.5 pts / $

The Explorer is especially good if you get an Edge or Charge card to go with i,t as you might be able to switch it's earn from the AMEX Gateway rewards program to Ascent, increasing you effective earn rate to 2:1, but of course you need to keep an extra AMEX and the annual fees can add up.

Whatever way you choose to go, it's hard to make a mistake with either of them in my opinion! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back